Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Oh look. Player is young = not ready. Arteta is a fool.

6 Likes

He needs time but Nketiah who can’t score for shit can have all the game time in the world. :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah, creativity :no_entry: :no_entry: :no_entry:

2 Likes

And goal threat :x: :x: :x:

2 Likes

Well if that’s the case sign another forward then.

Can we keep him in the U23’s this season so he learns how to not get injured please? It’s the most logical thing to do :vinai:

Hopefully the comments can be taken at face value and this is just a manager keeping expectations realistic and trying to stop people thinking he’s gonna be our saviour and then ending up disappointed when/if the kid can’t instantly deliver.

Problem is that Arteta doesn’t seem to trust youth all that much, so you worry that these comments are a precursor to him not really utilising Martinelli.

We say that but then Eddie has been playing nearly every other game. Then there’s Saka who’s also been getting a lot of game time. I just think that he’s in over his head and the task at hand is a lot bigger than he thought it would be, plus he lacks the experience tools to deal with a club in our kind of mess. I agree though I would take with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

I slightly disagree because I think he thinks he’s sorting things out.
Everything visually tells us he isn’t as well as the table. I think he believes he’s on the right course and in a transitional period. No fans in the crowd and Arsenal being a team that don’t draw as much press attention now and mute board it’s all feeding his delusion.

1 Like

Arteta would really do himself some favours by playing kids like Martinelli and Saliba when they’re fit, if you’re gonna achieve shit results at least do it blooding kids with serious potential.

2 Likes

Our u23’s have a better CB partnership than most premier league first teams :joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

Good to see our boy get a pizza the action.

2 Likes

Finally some good news waking up to hearing Martinelli is back in action, hopefully the injury hasn’t destroyed his upward trajectory as a player.

1 Like

No, but Arteta will.

2 Likes

Not a great game by the looks of it. 2-0 defeat :confused:

Saliba sent off now too.

He probably gives no fucks playing for that team

3 Likes

Very auspicious return to action for Martinelli :arteta:

Hope he’s been working out his delts, poor bastard is going to have to carry this team on his shoulders

Fraudinelli