Gabriel Martinelli (11)

His fullback doesn’t overlap, his attacking midfielder is Xhaka, and when Eddie plays CF he never drifts to that side to combine or to switch the way Jesus does.

I really don’t think Martinelli is the problem. Beyond a general malaise and lack of sharpness, the problem is that 2/3 of our players in the middle of attack are Eddie (not much of a link player) and Xhaka (limited in the final third for an “attacking” midfielder).

Teams are neutralizing us on the wings by doubling quickly and daring us to play through the middle and we have struggled to do it.

We either need Jesus back or to try a different player in Xhaka’s position

2 Likes

There was a stat doing the rounds that Martinelli and Nketiah exchanged only one pass the last two games.
Insane to think about.

1 Like

You can see it on the field they barely interact

1 Like

There was a moment today where we were countering, ball goes to Nketiah, he tries to pass it to Martinelli but he missed him as Martinelli was already going for a run.
Nketiah was fuming even though I think he was more at fault.

They can’t play together, it’s just odd

I’m sorry but I honestly don’t think Martinelli isn’t good enough for a title charge. It’s all very well being lauded as a wonderful player but he just doesn’t do it .
We can wave the fatigue flag but I’m sorry and I’m not jesting like i did with Saka but Martinelli just hasn’t got what is needed .
Hopefully, he’ll prove this bald ol’fart wrong but…………

Did we give him that Theo Walcott contract where you turn to complete dog shit the minute you sign it?

Someone needs to pass that along to Rashford at United

Tbh Rashford would be just as bad against double teams and a low block.

I meant that Rashford is playing out of his skin to get that fat Theo/Ozil/Auba contract and the sooner he signs on at United the sooner he’ll go back to being complete shit.

Fuck Rashford I don’t want him here

2 Likes

Looks isolated. Also seems to try the same move too much (trying to knock and run down the outside).

1 Like

This lad is so far off it now. Let him give from the bench.

2 Likes

Just keeps getting played again and again

Piss poor from Arteta

1 Like

Arteta absolutely hates changing the team lol. His only minus for me

1 Like

So does Saka, and his form hasn’t dipped once. What’s your point?

I think it’s obvious is Saka the one who has had a massive dip in form?

If you’re not playing well your spot shouldn’t be this secure, it’s simple

1 Like

He wasn’t bad today I don’t get the hate

Doesn’t make sense either with the Trossard signing.

1 Like

Trossard didn’t do any better

Maybe if he had some damn starts instead of having to rescue the bloody team every game he’d do more

We were 2 1 down with 15 minutes left.