Gabriel Martinelli (11)

He did the same shit as martinelli

When was his last good game? Like legit good.

Totally different circumstances. He deserves a start and Martinelli deserves a rest.

1 Like

Had Xhaka passed the ball to him instead of fluffing it and acting like a bitch I think he wouldā€™ve had a great chance to score.

I think he was shite in previous games but I honestly donā€™t think that was the case today.

1 Like

Forest.

He was fine today. I think he probably should have had Xhaka slide him the ball in the second half.

I understand Arteta not wanting to rotate him for this match given his skillset.

Heā€™ll almost certainly get rotated for Villa and if Trossard plays well, he may ride the bench for a little bit.

Personally, Iā€™d try him down the middle. He has some of Gabriel Jesus chaotic energy that this team needs imo. Obviously wonā€™t happen.

1 Like

Had xhaka passed to him I am pretty certain he scores

2 Likes

He doesnā€™t even seem to test the keeper much these days never mind score

1 Like

In the last few games he has either been always on the outside, or not played in like today

Always thought this kids biggest draw was his explosive ability to take on a man. Heā€™s completely lost that now and people should probably accept that Trossard has more to his game in that regard.

Martinelli is doing nothing wrong but he needs some of the pressure taken off him. Trossard, ESR coming back. Easy fixes.

1 Like

Had very few one on one with walker today, maharez was always back helping out nowadays he is rarely left alone with a fallback ; however in the second half he played more centrally and was more effective because it forced zinchenko wider along with xhaka, which hasnā€™t happened since Brighton game.

Not sure we should really count on ESR doing anything this season. Itā€™s harsh but the guy canā€™t seem to lace his shoes without breaking down.

Trossard has looked more than capable. I thought heā€™d probably start against Villa but now Iā€™m not sure. I could see Arteta wanting to give Martinelli another chance to get going.

1 Like

Tbh this is a key thing Arteta needs to figure out. Once teams double our wingers we seem to be out of ideas.

1 Like

Jesus would move to help out, Eddie did it once or twice today and we created chances from that side.

2 Likes

Nah I donā€™t buy this garbage OA narrative, ESR has had a hard time but he was an absolute joy to watch last season. That game at old Trafford where he scored while De Gea was convulsing on the ground was marvelous.

Have any of our front 3/4 done much lately. Time to freshen up and act sharp. Get Jesus back in the fold, give ESR some minutes. Fucking use Trossard who might be the most lethal dead eye we even have in the squad.

We are a great outfit but we need transcend our limitations moving into this second half of the season, weā€™ve been found out a little in regard to our tactics. We want to fight fair, pound for pound but we donā€™t have the squad to do that every game.

I hate reactionary responses but Flexoā€™s idea of having Jorginho as a DLP while Partey and Odegaard operate in front really resonates with me. Get Jesus and Trossard in that front 3 and suddenly our one touch passing becomes a menace.

I donā€™t want to hate on Xhaka because I love that heā€™s proved me wrong, and all I ever wanted from him was to play for the Arsenal. I just think he makes that left hand side a little redundant especially now Zinchenko knows what to do. We have 4 pieces in midfield now for Arteta to play with, he needs to try a couple of things out.

For me personally, when we go to our tough seat grounds Iā€™d like to see a 3 man MF with Jorginho, Partey and Xhaka- with Odegaard out on the flank and Jesus and Saka doing their thing. Everton showed how week our pivot actually is

2 Likes

Itā€™s got nothing to do with his talent. He isnā€™t available for selection right now and I just think itā€™s wishful thinking to expect him to come back in the same form he was in last season. He hasnā€™t played. Iā€™m not writing him off or saying heā€™s shit but if your argument is that Martinelli shouldnā€™t have that much pressure on him, I think the same is true for ESR. He had surgery ostensibly to stop these recurring injuries and has already had a setback. Itā€™s not his fault but itā€™s entirely possible we wonā€™t see him hit top form this season.

Ah I just think that arguments complete bullshit in general man. I always will.

For me itā€™s simply ability > fitness.

Itā€™s not something that can be ignored but it doesnā€™t fall on the player or coach. We spent Ā£35m in summer for this wildcard Vieira who could apparently play all over the pitch like some reincarnation of Santi and he canā€™t even fill a single fucking role. Sambi was the same. You have to look at Edu and the board for these short comings. I can see why Arteta went fuck it. Get me Jorginho at the end of the window because we ran out of time to fuck around. Jorginho isnā€™t perfect on paper but he was our best player tonight. Which says a fucking lot.

Look at City, Gundogan was always such a fucking sick note but look at what heā€™s given back to the club, outside Mahrez/KDB Iā€™d argue heā€™s one of Cityā€™s most important players from he just 4 or 5 years.

To me itā€™s fucking simple you back talent, but you plan around frailty.

Rvp & Giroud, not one or the other.

Youā€™re saying that itā€™s reasonable to expect ESR, who hasnā€™t done anything all season, to come back and provide meaningful rotation minutes for Martinelli?

Yeah, talent is fantastic and yes, teams should keep a playerā€™s relative health in mind when putting together a roster. But Iā€™m not sure what part of my argument that itā€™s reasonable to think we wonā€™t see the best of ESR for a while you think is bullshit?

Do you think heā€™s coming back like fucking Gandalf at Helmā€™s Deep with 6 goal involvements in his first two matches? If you do, thatā€™s awesome and I love the optimism but I think thatā€™s a lot to expect. Iā€™m more interested in having him stay healthy for more than five weeks.

TBF thatā€™s exactly what he did for us when he came back last season.

1 Like