Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Saka is second behind KDB in prem assists, 6 to KDBs 9

I thought his performance was just as good as Saliba’s today.

2 Likes

Shame he missed out despite performing so well from day 1 of his Arsenal career.
Has goals to his game during setpieces as well.

One of those Brazilian average fullbacks could have stayed back.

1 Like

Tbf, Bremer and Militao ain’t no bums but when you see those fullbacks you just laugh.

2 Likes

Those FBs may be their downfall.

Bremer is good, Militao and Marquinhos are class but do you really wanna be in a position to need 600 year old Thiago Silva? Even if he is the captain?

1 Like

Honesty Silva plays like he’s 10 years younger than he actually is. I have zero worries about him at CB

4 Likes

I’d have that quality and leadership all day and night tbh.
Great influence around the squad for a whole month.

1 Like

and that 50 year old Dani Alves??

Tough squad to make with four CB slots and three of them effectively locked down by Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, and Militao. But I thought he had a chance since Bremer has had a rough transition at Juve this year by many accounts.

It would have been nice to see our three Brazilian starters get acknowledgment, I would show how good we have been as a team

I think so too. Our Gabriel is too error prone still and Brazil occasionally plays locoball and need the experience at the back, not to mention that NTs often favour older players compared to clubs.

Our Gabriel is still young-ish for a CB and his issues are mostly mental immaturity/experience and not skill, and that can absolutely be fixed sooner than you know (i.e. do a Xhaka), there will be plenty of Copas and World Cups for him to play, Thiago Silva looks revitalised lately, Militao is loco enough for a NT CB slot :sweat_smile: and Bremer is good as well, not much room for Gabriel anyway maybe.

As a side note, I was looking at this squad on the underground on the way home and thought that man those full backs are a bit potato, the midfield is a bit potato as well… and I don’t really rate Telles much and Fred is a fucking flintstone… so I found a way to get rid of all of them (not that Tite will but for the sake of it) and play all the top guys in attack…

What if you play Thiago Silva and Militao at CB and let Raphina play full back on the other side of Danilo since the rest of them suck anyway and we love the Brazilian Joga Bonito attacking full backs, then to balance this shit out you play Marquinhos as a holding midfielder which he excelled at at PSG, let Casemiro play at central midfield because he is good at everything and will do his defensive duties very well to help Marquinhos, then you can play Neymar as an attacking 10, Vini on the left in front of Raphina, Jesus up front to drop out left/alternate with Neymar and Vini = be the glue, and then whichever out of Richarlison (prolly Tite’s choice)/Antony/Rodrygo/the rest on the right. So something like:

Jesus
Vini Jr.    Neymar   Richarlison/++
      Casemiro Marquinhos
Raphinha Silva Militao Danilo
           Alisson

It won’t happen but I genuinely think that team would be fantastic to watch and could win the whole thing :blush:

2 Likes

I was thinking more in terms of swapping a player for Gabriel. Maybe he could play at fullback?

And @Stroller I have no issues with experience but my lasting memory of Silva on the WC stage is the total capitulation to Germany in the semis. Incredible talent but I just don’t have total trust in him at this point. If he’s such a great guy, bring him as technical staff or something like that.

1 Like

Huh? Thiago Silva didn’t even play in that game??

I hope they don’t, lol. Always love seeing Brazil lose.

David Luiz was the only lasting memory of that horror show for me. I can see why you might have blocked it out as a coping mechanism.

This is what happens when the champ is watching on from the sidelines:

1 Like

No he did not

That’s wild. I wasn’t even drinking that heavily. Most vivid experience I’ve had with the Mandela Effect in a long time.

1 Like

I would go with:

Jesus
Vini Jr.   Neymar  Raphinha
 Paqueta Casemiro Bruno
 Marquinhos Silva Militao
             Alisson

Also good. I mean that’s more like what they will actually do most likely.