Gabriel Jesus (9)

I’d love it if Gabby rocked up to Selhurst Park with that haircut! :slight_smile:

Looks like a Brazilian my ex once had

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Oh I’m not denying people were like that, I’m just saying there’s nothing wrong with supporting the guys we actually have and it’s a lot different to wanting Lacazette over any new signing.

I’m not saying the support wasn’t misguided or silly, just that it doesn’t preclude people from supporting the new guy which is basically what the tweeter was saying.

Essentially my issue is that, as usual with the internet hot take crew, it’s either one thing or the polar opposite.

This is basically just twitter bollocks getting overblown as it does with everything now. Some shit get says on twitter and it gets presented as mainstream opinion instead of just some fucking nerds doing nerd shit.

2 Likes

Nah I hold firm in my opinion that the team performed better with Laca as CF as compared to Auba as CF.
For all the ‘I know Arteta better’ vibe from @Castiel , he didn’t really see what Arteta wanted from his CF, which Auba just couldn’t provide.

Jesus will expose Auba more than he will expose Laca

4 Likes

I know what you’re trying to say, but the point of a team is to score more goals than the opposition. So when you’re talking about team performance I think that needs to consider goal threat more than how pretty our play was to watch.

I’d argue Auba’s individual goal threat was far greater than Laca’s, even after including the extra goals Laca created through his link up play etc.

1 Like

Yes but the goal threat of the team with Auba was lesser than the goal threat of the team with Laca.

Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli scored more because of Laca than they would have with Auba

This is nonsense. Arteta was dealing with necessity when it came to the CF role. Hence why he went through every striker at his disposal all the way to Nketiah and eventually brought his own man in.

It’s been said many times on here, by many people that Aubazette wasn’t the right fit. I’ve been saying that for a long ass time. That still doesn’t mean that a fully fit and invested Auba isn’t a greater asset to any manager or any system than Lacazette who just simply wasn’t good enough for this league.

Lacazette brought fucking nothing to the system outside a complete inability to score goals. We’d go a goal down and it was game over. It’s a rubbish take that he was some sort of missing puzzle piece for Artetas style of tactics. Jesus and Zinchenko might be but they’re on a completely different level than Lacazette technically

That is nonsense. Shows how illiterate you are when it comes to football.

Log out castiel, You don’t deserve to be ArtetaCuellar

Well I guess you’re just another victim of the Twitter nerd complex blowing things out of proportion so I’m not going to get upset.

Though truth be told this argument about Lacazette is a very real thing and completely exhausting so I’m drawing a line in the sand. Glad this god awful athlete and sub par goal scorer has finally fucked off.

Go tune into that farmers league this season if you love him so much

How dare you imply Arteta didn’t know what he was doing when he played Lacazette.
Blasphemous really

Lacazette was a good player, he just wasn’t a striker.

1 Like

When you have a striker that shocks you when he scores, we have a problem captain.

We (I was guilty of this at times) as a fan base were making excuses for Laca going on strings of games without registering even a shot on target.

We were in the sunken place and didn’t even realise it.

2 Likes

Laca was an alright player, he just wasn’t a false 9.

We quickly learned that Arteta plays his style and tries to get his players to fit the style rather than fitting his style after the players so then you need someone to play that role, Laca was the best option at the time but he isn’t a false 9, Jesus is a born and bred one and will look better here, now.

That doesn’t mean Laca isn’t or wasn’t good, he had 8 years at the top level prior to prove that, about 100 goals in 200 games at Lyon and 50 in 100 here before the full Artetaball kicked in. Nothing wrong with that, trying to rewrite that history is silly.

Wait wasn’t your entire argument a while back that Lacazette was the right fit for us because he was a false 9 archetype and clubs don’t play with a pure striker anymore?

Also Jesus hasn’t even remotely looked like a false 9 in pre season. Man is an out and out 9. Literally scoring from any position with any chance. Poaching, creating, and causing hell.

He’s looked a complete CF for us. I feel like the term false 9 is essentially just a polite way to mask deficiencies in a strikers game and only really should be applied to someone being played out of position there like say a natural CAM, ala Cesc, Gotze

1 Like

Lacazette was a decent player but not for a top four team, especially as he was shoe horned into the first team at the expense of our best striker, who had to be played out wide to accommodate him.

There were a few mid table teams or lower with better strikers and considering the shortage of goal scorers, there was never interest from other PL clubs.

1 Like

Auba in the centre for us was wank and people still bang on about him being pushed wide :rofl:

Let’s just accept that Jesus is here now and looking good in pre season ffs, who gives a shit about the handshake bros.

You know what fair fucks to the Lacazette fan club. I can respect the unwillingness to take the L regardless of the overwhelming multitude of examples and evidence that he was shit.

As mentioned in the post above the Aubazette dynamic just wasn’t healthy in the slightest and is probably the biggest reason we’ve been outside the top 4 for such long fucking time

1 Like

Fuck Lacazette
Fuck Aubameyang

4 Likes