Gabriel Jesus (9)

Back with a bang!

12 Likes

Jesus suffered an injury that kept him out for half a season and he still scored before Richarlison.

Fucking hellā€¦

Tite needs to be arrested.

11 Likes
3 Likes

These Jesus jokes / puns are killing me. Youā€™d think after like 75-80% of the season had been completed people would be tired of them by now

2 Likes

This week will be peak Jesus easter punnage then hopefully it dies and doesnā€™t rise again the following year

2 Likes

Was cross after reading this post, but you nailed it to be fair.

2 Likes
12 Likes
4 Likes

I need to sue them:

2 Likes

Love players that know how to make the most of contact and exaggerate it, makes the ref make a decision and often leads to penalties you deserve.

1 Like

I think it is wrong to suggest that Jesus made the most of the contact. There was clear contact and it brought him down. It was a clear penalty. Previous proceeding challenge in the box could have also been awarded but Jesus stayed on his feet.

2 Likes

I agree it was a clear penalty.

1 Like

Clear and obvious penalty! Really glad to have this boy back firing goals!

If you check my post history, youā€™ll see I had a lot of reservations about signing him for $50m given that heā€™s never scored more than 8 goals in a PL campaign, and that it felt like we signed him cause he scored 4 goals in one game for City last season.

A ridiculous take now, though he had a massive spell of missing sitter after sitter. Iā€™m glad heā€™s back firing and hope it continues till the end of the season. I know he & Zinny will be dying to absolutely pummel Man City at the Etihad.

Hope they both deliver world-class performances for us against those cheaters!

2 Likes

He scored

14 league goals in 19/20

13 league goals in 17/18

It must be said.

4 Likes

Heā€™s in company with Thierry, Suarez and RvP when it comes to goal contributions per 90

It must be said.

1 Like

oh, I stand corrected!! I remember seeing a stat that heā€™s only scored 8 max somewhereā€¦ my bad :rofl:

1 Like

If he gets to 14 goals before the end of the season that will be a brilliant return. 7 in 9 isnā€™t impossible now that he has his confidence back. I wouldnā€™t have felt this way without the goal from open play. Heā€™s going to keep working and working irrespective and itā€™s brilliant timing for him to get back in the team and on the scoresheet.

He will be pivotal if weā€™re going to bring it home.

3 Likes

Jesus lack of goals donā€™t detract from what an outstanding piece of business heā€™s been though. I do wish he was more lethal in front of goal but I guess if he was he wouldnā€™t have been a Ā£45m summer transfer to Arsenal.

Iā€™m hoping he can build more next season and start scoring but either way I donā€™t ever wanna let his lack of goals stop me from appreciating what a fantastic addition to the team heā€™s been.

Heā€™s driven, ambitious, relentlessly hard working on the pitch and just adds so much to our front 3.

7 Likes

quite a good watch

Normal players take their time coming back from lengthy spells out, not him, he just continued from where left off.