Funny Brian Clough Story

Theres a shock.

A shock but there may be a grain of truth in it.

Keane, in his own words, was asked and he answered- ‘Brian Clough’

The greatest manager he’s ever played under

Anyway I don’t care who performed better because of XYZ and was consistantly good. Clough was a million times more charismatic than Fergie

Plus Fergie was shite in his early United years and he was semi shite after letting Becks leave

1 Like

Cloughie was my favourite manager ever, wonderful chap, awesome manager, magic character, and should have been England manager…but the best ever, for me, Bill Shankly…and I hate the scousers, but what he did was incredible.

1 Like

But heres the difference Clough at Leeds and Fergie at united had massive expectations put on them. One toughed it out and one couldnt handle it.
Anyway Fergies Aberdeen exploits match Cloughs at Forest and Derby imo. Fergies is a complete career at top level. Clough doesnt match that.

Ferguson didn’t have a history of belittling or berating Manchester United’s players before he joined. Bought himself way more time than Cough did at Leeds.

If he got Aberdeen promoted from the Scottish second division then yes, you’d be onto something

Well then thats a judgement call on Clough. Everybody knows what that shower of inbred bastards were like.
I do think the Forest title winning season was a great one though. Birtles and Woodcock excellent that season.

1 Like

Arsenal v Forest

The Woodcock derby

Breaking the mould on the Old Firm took some doing then and landing a european trophy is are massive pluses.

Willie Young Derby

Viv Anderson derby?

1 Like

Carl Jenkinson derby

1 Like

Henri Lansbury derby?

2 Likes

Kevin Campbell derby

1 Like

Lee Chapman derby

1 Like

Armand Traore derby

Nikolas Bendtner derby

2 Likes

That’s not accurate mate. Fergie was allowed about 4 years of mid table finishes and was very close to the sack until he delivered the FA Cup. Clough had already massively criticised Leeds, their shithouse tactics and their prior manager publicly before he joined so he lost the dressing room on his first day and never won it back. He was only there for 44 days playing a grand total of 6 games. The 2 examples are nowhere near comparable.

1 Like

Well again he made that rod for his own back. He should of thought that through and ive decided it wasn’t for him then.
Fergie went to United who were rife with problems and was faced with a big drinking culture in the club to sort out from day one. His legacy after a very mixed start over them years was too overhaul Liverpool title dominance and realise united potential as clun too the maximum. Plenty of poor years and seasons of Clough at Forest in his period not getting mentioned.