Friendly matches (behind closed doors)

I’ve heard this said a few times on here. But everyone I know in real life who likes football is missing it like crazy. All my mates are watching the Bundesliga, some of whom have never watched it in their lives before.

I’m sure some people might lose interest – but then I’d question how big their interest was in the first place. It’s more than likely they were losing interest before the pandemic. And this just pushed them over the edge.

In general, though, I think football will still be a big deal. I’ll be interested to see how many viewers the BBC get for the PL games.

2 Likes

Yeah Bundesliga is decent to watch. Surprised how much I’m into it now. I might even watch a Bundesliga game over a PL one depending on who’s playing. I’d have never done that pre lockdown PL one would always win

1 Like

Terrestrial TV will always get big numbers tbf.
By the start of a new season though I think sky and BT will take a hit. Think the closed stadium is okay for domestic stuff but European football will look ridiculous. Them games the deeper you go are bigger than average matches. There real special football occasions for me. Honestly think they’ll be a farce as a spectacle to witness.

We don’t know what the plan for European football is yet. I agree about it not being a good look for the latter stages though. Any cup competition in fact. The FA Cup final without fans? Surreal. But I still don’t think TV will suffer much.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, and I know it’s a Mickey Mouse league, but Denmark are starting to reintroduce fans in attendance from next week.

Obviously not full capacity but bit by bit. Good start at least.

2 Likes

I read some tweets earlier saying they were going to stage all remaining European matches in Lisbon and it would be announced later this week.

Why Lisbon?

One of the least hardest hit countries but with plenty of massive stadiums?

And a bit more neutral than for example Germany

2 Likes

Something about both stadiums there being top UEFA tier and capable of hosting the final…which come to think of it could be equally held at London Colney so maybe those tweets were bollocks :smile:

2 Likes

@Stroller was talking about tv viewing numbers, so fans in the ground aren’t relevant to that last time I checked :sunglasses:.

Fair enough

You’re back again. How long til you delete your account this time?

1 Like

Maitland-Niles played as a b2b midfielder in the first half. Hm. Dogteta giving in?

As did Guendouzi. Was it giving in or just an experiment? I reckon both don’t start otherwise.

Just to point out, when you delete your account your posts disappear, so continuing to do this makes you even creating the account in the first place completely meaningless.

1 Like

Yeah but guendouzi’s position is centre mid, AMN meanwhile hasn’t played there since the Arab Spring.

1 Like

Of course we did. Need to lead City into a false sense of security.

3 Likes

Lol imagine losing to Brentford

We’re gonna get brutalised by City

1 Like