Football Manager

:stuck_out_tongue:
£3m upfront, and supposedly he’s now worth £8-9m!

Hoping he can recreate his previous Arsenal scoring feats from off the bench :laughing:
Edit:

Such a beast!

1 Like

Lost my first 2 games, Chelsea and United
Went down to 10 men in both games!!

I drew one and lost 2 of my first 3, but then won 10 and had 1 draw out of the next 11, otherwise might have been sacked by now :smile:

Did you change things up at all because of your first 3 then?
Im starting Martinelli but not sure the stats for him in the game matches how good he really is.

It took me that time to bring in a DM I wanted so that coincided with changing shape, yeah.

Martinelli’s been my best player so far, scored like 15 goals by January as an inside forward on attack

Cool, so keep with Gabi then
I brought in a midfielder too, an unknown guy.

Difficult to recruit because Arsenal start with hardly any money!

Who’d you get?
I sold Lokonga for £30m, Nelson for £10m, Cedric for £7m, and then sold Xhaka for £26m in January which gave me some money to spend

Went with Teun Koopmeiners
Good little player
I need to sell some too I think

Finally got to test run the CL format in 24/25.

Have to say I hate it. I think the group element and seeding works better

This reminds me seeing how the world cup break in 22/23 worked in FM2018 :joy::joy:

Season starting in July :joy:

Finished my first season for arsenal.
Got top 4 in the prem, ahead of Spuds on goal difference :joy:

Won the europa league, beating Chelsea and United along the way, before Bayern in the final.
(Tbh I FM’d Bayern but I’ll take it :grin: )

Lost in the final of the FA Cup because Partey got himself sent off. So I’ve now sold him to United :joy:
I think Partey is done dirty on FM - nowhere near as good as in real life, so £55m for a 30 year old who was the highest earner at the club I think is very good going

Just signed Joachim Andersen (£6m as Palace went down), as well as Oyarzabal - (£30m final year of contract), and now selling a whole load of players who were on loan

Getting £35m for Pepe hopefully!

1 Like

My son has just bought this on his iPad

My work is complete

The mobile version is incredible, especially for a phone game. Playing it on the tablet is like having classic FM with an updated roster.

Yer I agree

I thought that as I showed him what the different menus were last night
The only problem with it for me is the game engine, is it as detailed and hard to play as the full PC version?

I don’t think so, I managed to find a competitive tactic with Arsenal pretty quickly. I don’t think it’s as variable as the full version.

Id have guessed it really

Great for the youngsters on the tablets, but always going to be slightly easier to work it out
The price difference is a give away too

Yeah, I exclusively played the mobile and PSP versions in later years, I found the slightly pared back version of the game was more reminiscent of what the game used to be. It’s obviously brilliant on PC, but the time investment required to fully engage with the level of detail in the game these days is just too much for me. I love playing the mobile versions and being able to plough through a significant chunk of a season in a few hours of an evening.

3 Likes

Not a bad second season in charge.
Losing to 15th place Leicester on the final day of the season to throw away the prem was heartbreaking though, especially after having just beaten City…

Jeez!!!

Im 6th and just got to the World Cup in November
Not doing that well at all really, losing silly games, letting last min goals in
Changing little things tactically to try and find the right formula

#InvinciblesOut

2 Likes