Football Manager

I wouldn’t say that I’m an expert, I know enough to have picked my own spec PC from Chillblast but that was so I could play Flight Simulator so it runs FM22 at a canter.

If it’s a PC and you’re on a budget, I’d recommend getting the best possible Processor and Motherboard you can afford. RAM, hard drives, graphics cards can be replaced easily to keep a PC up-to-date.

Why not put a request out in the General Chat area, there’s probably someone here who can provide expert advice on getting the Spec you need or help with other questions. I am happy to help though, just don’t think I’ll be the most qualified on here.

1 Like

Need a computer with a good processor with it. I have a Ryzen 5 and I can load about 12 nations no problem.

1 Like

My first game on the Beta of Football Manager 2023 is going rather well. Jesus is on 26 league goals at Christmas.

England lost to the ten men of Switzerland in the World Cup Final by the way. Our man Granit got sent off for a second booking but still lifted the World Cup.

Edit: Elneny and Cedric were sold and replaced by Teun Koopmeiners (MC from Atalanta) and Joe Gelhardt (ST from Leeds)

This is why people say videogames are unrealistic

4 Likes

The “England losing the final” was fairly realistic though.

1 Like

56 years of hurt :sob:

Whats your tactics and instructions set up?

4-2-3-1 formation set between Balanced and Very Attacking depending on opposition. I like a fast-paced, high press, short passing, play into box that works very well in FM23.
I’ve stopped worrying about defending with Gabriel and Saliba at the back.

Yep, very similar to what ive always played really, but my teams are always so up and down.

We go on a really good run and then lose 4 in a row, couple of them to bottom of the league!

1 Like

You may have been unlucky with the rating of your players, they change slightly from one save to the next, sounds like you got some underwhelming “Current Abilities” for your Arsenal team.

1 Like

Some games your just not calculated to win.

1 Like

Lol
So true…but why!!

2 Likes

Insane end to the season only gettting promotion on last day of the season

4 Likes

New version is officially out today

Will be purchasing when im home and playing all night long!

1 Like

What are the new features?

I heard they have revamped the scouting system, but that’s all I know.

Still the same shitty match engine though.

Actually they have made some (minor) changes to it, in terms of dribbling, shots and goalkeeper saves.

In the beta some of the finishes were hilarious with goals scored between the keepers legs or the keeper trying and failing to save with his feet.

But overall pretty similar :grin:

Ok, but that match engine has needed work for a long time now. It’s the one thing that really lets the game down.

1 Like

Call me romantic

3 Likes

£5m? Glad you’re not in charge irl :partey: