Football League

Watford and Brentford with Boro via the playoffs

The problem Brentford will have is that they’ll probably need a new forward line. I can’t see Benrahma or Ollie Watkins staying. They scored 42 goals between them in the league this season, plus numerous assists. It’ll be a massive task having to replace those numbers.

1 Like

Just hope Norwich don’t bounce back again straight away. Would take the likes of Reading, QPR, even Millwall over them :grin:

Good to see Coventry City back in the Championship. First ever Arsenal game I watched was Cov v Arsenal at the old Highfield Road, ended up a draw I think but Bergkamp scored. I remember wondering why he seemed to get the ball so much despite being quite slow and bulky looking. Knew fuck all about football at that age, obviously.

It’s been a difficult journey for them so really pleased actually. Have a few friends and family who are big Cov supporters and always have a soft spot for them.

Randomly met Dion Dublin at Wembley Boxpark on the weekend as well (assume he was there for FA Cup buildup), Cov City legend.

4 Likes

Again Coventry another tale of ineptitude by the EFL.
Not even playing games in their own city.
Reading last night Charlton leading an objection on Sheffield Wednesday being given a 12 point ban starting from next season. If it was imposed this season they’d have gone down.
Wigan get the same points deduction but go. Honestly good as it is beneath the prem ,its being run by cowboys not doing the job.

3 Likes

Reckon they will get relegated

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s a sensible idea but it has too be adhered in a professional manner. I sadly doubt the EFL will be able to implement it properly in its current capacity effectively.

1 Like

hope Watford or Norwich don’t bounce straight back up

1 Like

Justice for Hertfordshire

Why are these points deductions applied this season and they are being applied next season for Sheffield Wednesday? If they applied the 12 point deduction this season, Charlton would stay in the championship. Know quite a few Charlton supporters pissed about this.

1 Like

Sshhh @LukeTheGooner will hear you

Yeah, it’s all so complicated. You can apply it to Wigan too. Why was their points deduction immediate? They were not deserving of relegation at all.

2 Likes

I think the EFL actually want to kill some clubs off.

1 Like

All the north west teams?

I listened to this podcast yesterday, and they said much the same thing. One dude who plays in the National League has been working for Tesco because he isn’t getting paid at the moment. And he and others on the pod think a lot of non league teams and maybe League 1 and 2 teams too just won’t be able to function for much longer.

The non league clubs are community clubs. They rely on members of the community coming to watch them, but if they’re not allowed to, then the clubs are operating at a loss and that’s just not sustainable for very long for a lot of these teams

3 Likes

Great recommendation.

Just read about the commissions verdict on the EFL dealing with Sheffield Wednesday. What a complete shambles of an organisation.

One for the font police @Bl1nk :smile:

Up there with the worst things the EFL have done tbh.

1 Like

More double standards with the EFL clowns over Derby county and selling of pride park.
Go the extra mile this lot too undermine credibility of the second tier of English football. Think we can stop calling this League exciting now. Being played on different levels for different teams.