Folarin Balogun

True, but if you have a player who talented enough to play at a higher level what compels them to sign with their club long term? I really don’t know other than being given a lot of money upfront, that’s what I think Zaha did.

In Kane’s case, I think he signed thinking Spurs were on the verge of actually being real contenders for PL & CL, if he had two years left on his deal now he’d be off imo

Grealish is an odd guy, I think he’s just extremely comfortable at Villa tbh

Out of curiosity I just looked at what Xavier Amaechi was given when he moved to Hamburg from our academy a couple years ago in a similar situation - 7k per week.

Who knows what will happen but I’m not sure there is any club in the world that will give Balogun 30-40k per week and where he will also have an easier path into the first team as a striker.

More quick googles or young players wages:

Odsonne Edouard - 19k
Mason Greenwood - 25k (before new contract, now on 75k)
Auoar - 25k
Nkunku - 16.5k
Upamenco - 42k

Arsenal players:

Nketiah - I’ve seen 45k - 15k reported
Saliba 40k
Chambers - 50k
Elneny - 50k

1 Like

:rofl:.

1 Like
3 Likes

Small acorns but that might be a pleasing bit of news in the future.

3 Likes

Give him Lacazette’s minutes.

1 Like

He finally came to his senses? I guess seeing Auba perform like Gervinho helped.

Part of the deal was hopefully giving him some games between now and the end of the season.

1 Like

I am guessing that he’s been promised more minutes next season, hopefully because Lacazette and Nketiah are being sold.

I’m not sure how else you convince the guy to stay at this point. Moves up to 3rd choice after Auba / Martinelli next season.

Glad to hear it though, if only to secure a good transfer fee a year or two down the line.

5 Likes

Yeo, looks like it’s happening.

This kid better not disappoint after all this song and dance.

1 Like

Should’ve been given chances before a contract.

Feels like we are panicking.

2 Likes

Might as well give him Premier League minutes now, league is finished for us.

7 Likes
5 Likes

We’ve had a look at the market and realised apart from Laturo Martinez, there’s no strikers out there.

1 Like

Prioritising a CB now.

Great news.

Hilarious to leak this after last night though.

Can we be done with Lacazette now?

1 Like

Leverkusen wanted him. Leipzig not wanting him makes sense as they already agreed to sign Brobbey from Ajax.

Sounds a bit like no one better than us came in for him. I thought there was talk of big clubs, guess not.

1 Like