Folarin Balogun

At the end of the day he’s just another youngster with potential. Hopefully we haven’t made any stupid promises and hopefully the wages aren’t that high because otherwise it could just be another expensive mistake.

Best case scenario he lights it up and Balo and Marti are a part of our strickeforce for years to come!

Still think he should have got a lot more minutes in the Europa group stage though and it’s an absolute must next season. We better not fucking loan him now.

3 Likes

Good news but we really need a manager that can develop youth players now. Gonna be a waste if Arteta stays.

Btw it was Arteta apparently :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Such bullshit that they trot this line out at every opportunity.

Everything good at arsenal is down to this guy apparently. Like a magician. Apart from the stuff that is his direct responsibility (the actual games and performances) which are awful.

6 Likes

Isn’t it amazing that everything we can’t see that happens behind closed doors at the club which is positive is down to Arteta, but pretty much everything we can see out in the open that he has his hands in is a total disaster? What a coincidence that is.

3 Likes

Yes! Put it more eloquently than I ever could!

1 Like

The only thing about him that’ll ever be close to world class is his PR team.

2 Likes

Just a huge coincidence really :pepe1:

I’m not even convinced he is all that good.

But at least this means that Laca has to be leaving.

1 Like
4 Likes

I think this pretty much proves to me that Balogun wanted £££ more than he ever cared about his development. All the fuss was made about lack of game time and he still isn’t playing, and I can’t see that he’s been given guaranteed game time as part of his new contract.

6 Likes

I don’t get what the big fuss is about this kid, is he any good or is it all the same hype we heard about Eddie?

Nobody knows, he never gets playing time. Scoring for reserves means fuck all.

It is where all these kids care about tbh. Obviously there are a few exemptions. But I can’t really blame them either.

1 Like

Why get paid Leverkusen money to play for Leverkusen when you can earn Arsenal money and still play for Leverkusen if you’re good enough?

IMO “playing time” doesn’t just mean will I play 7 minutes in the league cup. Where you’re loaned and for how long can also be part of it. I doubt he’s asking to extend and be Arsenal’s starting striker in 2021/22.

3 Likes

Interesting, wonder what this means for Eddie etc.

Hopefully it means we can get shot of him for a decent fee. I wouldn’t want less than £18-20m for him

2 Likes

I really can’t see him wanting to stay himself. Paid his dues, accepted providing backup the past 2 seasons but it’s time he gets regular football under him.
Got 1 year left on his contract so he’s got all the chips.
I think we would have tried persuading him to stay if Balo didn’t renew but I doubt Arsenal will block his move now.

1 Like

Eddie will go for a 10 to 12 rising to 15 maybe. Tbh we have had nothing out of him. His profile is built on the England u21s.

2 Likes

Exactly
If he wasn’t good enough for Chelsea what makes him good enough for The Arsenal?

1 Like

Is this Balogun any good ? I’ve heard his name branded about but that’s it ?