Folarin Balogun

B-but he wants to leave because he is not given opportunities.

Both Saka and Martinelli are reportedly on 30k per week. Iā€™d be fine with giving him the same, but I think giving him more is asking for trouble in terms of the message it sends.

Saka and Martineli both got those deals after they started performing well for the first team.

Not after bagging a handful of goals in the youth leagues.

1 Like

Itā€™s a negotiation tactic. First of all itā€™s very well possible that Arsenal know we have a gem and refused to play him as not to tip off other teams to how good he is. We might have the upper hand because of that, if Balogunā€™s team know that we might have messed with his value in not playing him then they are asking for what heā€™s worth. At the end of the day itā€™s kinda difficult to tell without have the insider knowledge.

We didnā€™t score a goal from open play for about 10 games, lacazette and auba missing open goals left right and centre. If thatā€™s thatā€™s case then thatā€™s proper smooth brain stuff.

1 Like

Yeah i mean itā€™s farfetched, but yeh maybe Balogun just really believes in himself and is trying to extract the maximum contract from us. Wonder what heā€™s being offered from other clubs.

Is it just me that thinks people started raving about this guy only after this contract negotiation started.

1 Like

No people started raving about him because everything that can get spun as anti arteta gets feasted on.

4 Likes

I wish him good luck and good day.

2 Likes

They know if they ask for 40K, Arsenal will probably offer him 12K, finally settling at 15K.

I mean 40k? Really? Do they think heā€™s the next Nicklas Bendtner?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, we were crying out for a change in attack, just anythingā€¦ you canā€™t change that narrative to omg it was anti arteta and thatā€™s it.

Can anyone remember how long we went without a goal from open play?

2 Likes

What exactly has Balogun done to warrant Ā£40k a week ?
The young players who are making a difference in the senior team they are the ones who deserve a higher wage .
But 40k for him ā€¦ goodbye

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how we persevered with Eddie over giving him a go.
Eddie is now pretty surplus in the squad for Arteta and needs bombing out soon as.

4 Likes

If Saka is on 30k, sounds like weā€™re going to have to bump his wages soon otherwise he is out of here.

1 Like

We gotta hope to christ he loves this club more than money and trophies, if we keep finishing out of the Cl/ mid table. Man City must be looking how well rounded he is, pep could slot him anywhere, he loves a player like that.

2 Likes

Loyalty is dead in the modern era, wouldnā€™t get your hopes up brotha.

2 Likes

Once heā€™s mixing at international levels and the top earners are talking about money and perks, plus his own ambitions will be gone soon if we donā€™t improve quickly.

1 Like

Weā€™ve got to use whatever drugs were used to dupe Kane, Zaha and Grealish

I think Zahaā€™s case is just a long contract :joy:

Heā€™d have been at arsenal by now if it wasnā€™t for CPā€™s enormous valuation haha

And with Grealish heā€™s Brummie born and bred, itā€™s his boyhood club and even Iā€™m sure heā€™d be off once the money move came in.

1 Like