Film & Television Clips

Thread to post film & telly clips for whatever reason.

This is one of my favourite endings to any film, it’s simple yet iconic. I adore it. It’s no Hollywood fairytale ending, that’s for sure. (Spoilers, obviously.)

4 Likes

First film scene to realise the power of film for me.The insanity and madness beyond comprehension.

4 Likes

The movie itself isn’t something to write home about, other then it features Alan Rickman being great as the typical menace. The ending scene and story behind it is however very satisfying.

3 Likes

One of the parts I like most from my favourite Chaplin film.

1 Like

The Ending to the best Bond film. (YMMV)

Remastering is really a remarkable thing, making things from 50+ years ago look so pristine.

3 Likes

Someone posted this is a tweet a while back which made me watch the film for the first time. The best part for me is the shake of the head when the guy says you’re not afraid of me are you. So dismissive.

6 Likes

There was some real animosity between George Lazenby and Diana Rigg during production.

So much so that she ate garlic before their love scenes.

1 Like

I honestly think this is one of the best Bonds and that Lazenby was a top Bond

3 Likes

Top film that. Top top film.

2 Likes

Don’t you think Telly Savalas was the most evil looking Blofeld, too?

1 Like

I’ve read this a lot and found it hilarious. But, apparently Dame Diana rubbished that rumour for 50 years. :grimacing:

1 Like

Yes definitely.

Him and Mads Mikkelsen as Le Chiffre are my favourite Bond villains.

1 Like

Is the clips thread or the talking about clips thread? :wenger:

1 Like

I think Charles Gray, actually. He just LOOKS evil. :joy: If you know what I mean. If someone told me he was the leader of an evil org I’d just flat out believe them.

2 Likes

I can’t take Charles Gray seriously. He was in You Only Live Twice and he died in it.

Ironically he lived twice and appeared in Diamonds Are Forever as a different character completely.

4 Likes

You can’t beat a Bond film
Mish MoneyPenny

2 Likes

Sean Connery gets a call from his agent.

“Sean, I’ve got a new role for you.”
“Brilliant!”
“Need you at Pinewood for tennish”
“Tennish? But I haven’t got a racquet!”

4 Likes

I was told Sean Connery was crushed by a pile of books
He only had his shelf to blame

Sean was a big fan of Wimbledon
He used to arrive at Centre Court at tennish

4 Likes

A masterful scene highlighting the ability of the camera to play it’s part in the story from Hitchcock’s “Frenzy”.

Spoilers

As the crime is taking place the camera retreats from the door, down the stairs and out into the street all the while the audience is left chilled at what they know to be taking place behind the door. Chaplin did a very similar thing in “Monsieur Verdoux”.

2 Likes

Loved Graham in this role.

3 Likes