FIFA 21

I’m currently on a 5 hour sesh of Pro clubs hahahaha

Jeez I would of burnt out by now, that’s what I’m going on now tbf hahaha

I requested a refund like an hour later, remembered how bad the game was hahaha

3 Likes

FIFA and EA done fucked up again. EA are fucking pigs

2 Likes

I never play UT, and I might be being a bit stupid, what’s the fuck up?

Usually you have the option to pay for packs using in game coins or you can pay real money for fifa points. Now they’ve removed the option to pay for coins, basically meaning to get any kind of player you need to pay using real money

Ah I see. Loot boxes (which is what I assume these are) are a fucking atrocity. Basically teaching kids to gamble.

2 Likes

Yep literally that. Spend stupid amount of money on fifa points and you very rarely get rewarded for it

I don’t play Fifa but I’ve been told you can still use coins. I dunno if something has changed since but that tweet is sus.

Yeah they “fixed” it soon after

So all these years I’d never really given Career Mode much time because EA basically made FIFA an online head to head experience only with no regards to gameplay or care towards a simulation feel. So the unrealistic scorelines and ridiculous gap between pace and actual build up, pressing, defensive AI just made all the authenticity pointless because of a shit gameplay experience. I prefer more realism than what we get.

However, I started to get fed up with this to the point where I looked into gameplay sliders. I know they’ve been around a really long time but after a lot of internet scouring, play testing and tweaking of my own I’ve landed on the best realistic settings for me. It’s not perfect and can’t solve AI completely but the matches, experience, possession, difficulty and results all seem to match Arsenal experiences in real life.

Of course this varies person to person depending on your skill level. But if you find a sweet spot with a combination of difficulty and the sliders the experience is a lot better. It’s a much slower pace to regular FIFA and some people just don’t want that much simulation (i.e. okay with 7-3 scorelines etc). These settings are purely to max out realism/simulation. Tactics make a far bigger difference especially pressing. Addicted to this version of career mode now.

Settings and Sliders below (PS5 and Xbox Series X only):

FIFA 21 Sliders - Realistic Career Mode

Half Length - 7 mins
Difficulty - World Class (this is if Legendary/Ultimate is your default difficulty - if experience is realistic stay put, if too hard go down and way too easy bump it up)
Defending - Tactical Defending
Attributes - Default
Game Speed - Normal
Camera - Not Pro Camera (too difficult to see movement and makes it a lot harder)
Rules - Default with Handball OFF
Formations - Use 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 instead of 4-3-3 (Wide forwards constantly hug touchline and don’t run in behind in 4-3-3 or 5-2-3 in all scenarios)

USER GAMEPLAY CUSTOMISATION
Sprint Speed (User) - 20
Acceleration (User) - 48
Shot Error (User) - 65
Pass Error (User) - 55
Shot Speed (User) - 48
Pass Speed (User) - 35
Injury Frequency (User) - 75
Injury Severity (User) - 25
Goalkeeper Ability (User) - 42
Marking (User) - 65
Run Frequency (User) - 5
Line Height (User) - 52
Line Length (User) - 5
Line Width (User) - 48
Fullback Positioning (User) - 5
Power Bar (User) - 50
First Touch Control Error (User) - 70

CPU GAMEPLAY CUSTOMISATION
Sprint Speed (CPU)- 34
Acceleration (CPU) - 90
Shot Error (CPU) - 60
Pass Error (CPU) - 53
Shot Speed (CPU) - 49
Pass Speed (CPU) - 45
Injury Frequency (CPU) - 75
Injury Severity (CPU) - 25
Goalkeeper Ability (CPU) - 42
Marking (CPU) - 100
Run Frequency (CPU) - 5
Line Height (CPU) - 52
Line Length (CPU) - 5
Line Width (CPU) - 48
Fullback Positioning (CPU) - 5
First Touch Control Error (CPU) - 60

I use everything default, only level set to World Class after a couple of seasons (need to grow my players first). IMO WC is already a bit too much away from being realistic, no need to say the more difficult ones. All teams press you non stop and they won’t get tired; the slowest CPU player is faster than your fastest player… stupid.

I like 4-4-2 myself… lone striker formation is never enough to penetrate the opponents, and 3 forwards formation leaves your midfield empty.

Problem is default FIFA is designed for the FUT online gamers and head to head players not for offline play against AI. This is why sliders are essential to make midfield and build up a real thing and bring a semblance of realism to the game. What device do you play on?

I am on PS5…

If making too many changes I feel like I have too much advantage over CPU.
I only make in game changes (not setting changes) like role of players, and they attacking mind, attack/defend more… something like that.

Thing is it’s not really about difficulty for me as much as it is about how the team you’re using would realistically fair in the same match irl.

I should have some games where I’m disappointed to drop a few points because the opposition sat back all game. Or I should be able to knick those types of games 1-0 with a late winner (we’ve seen this at the Emirates a lot).

It’s easy to make it difficult by raising the difficulty level but the AI generally plays completely unrealistically at legendary and above without sliders.

For example if I’m Arsenal and I play against Wolves away assuming both sides are at full strength I expect the following:

• Maximum win by 1 or 2 goals
  • Maximum defeat by 2 goals
  • Possession to be even or slightly in Wolves favour
  • Shots and Shots on Target to be in Wolves favour

I should feel like taking a point at Molineux in a tough game is a decent outcome and a win should be as significant as that win Arteta pulled off a few seasons ago in the 2-0.

In games like City and Liverpool away I should almost always lose but not have an impossible game. 2-0 or 3-0 loss type of game where I get a chance here or there.

Spurs should be tight and very close just like irl.

Southampton at home I should edge by a goal or two etc with more possession and chances.

I could go on but basically the best career mode experience for me is one that feels and has stats and results similar to reality.

2 Likes

well said

If I can’t outperform shitty real life Arsenal in a FIFA career mode then I’m not having a great time.