Fábio Vieira (21)

Yes the midfield would be very front loaded and I don’t think Partey profiles well as a 6 tbh.

front 3

Ode/Vieira

Xhaka and Partey or Partey and Tielemans

This would be better I think.

I don’t trust Partey alone to defend and cover the CB

I couldn’t disagree more.

1 Like

I think the tradeoff is that the LB doesn’t push forward nearly as much in this system when we have the ball. You’re basically pushing left 8 higher but the LB is more conservative, or those two players are moving in sync with each other, with one of them covering when the other really goes forward.

Either way its really 5-3-2 in possession.

IMO, pushing the 8s into the attacking 5 and having the FBs join the midfield 3 makes more sense in terms of covering transitions and changing between attack and defense.

The other way we have played involves the LB moving all the way forward to join the 5 as the widest attacker, the left 8 needing to have the range to cover behind the fullback, and the “LW” tucking inside to become an attacking midfielder. It is a lot of moving pieces and you end up asking players like Xhaka to do too much IMO.

1 Like

Disagree with what? That the midfield would be front loaded with a lone 6 or that Partey doesn’t profile well as a 6?

If you’re system relies heavily on one player as the linchpin then that’s a big flaw really. If Partey is out and Elneny or ASL have to step in for an extended period you can see how things would easily breakdown

That Partey isn’t a 6 and also that we need to change our midfield structure.

Partey is an absolute dynamo at the base of the midfield, he’s a fantastic outlet for our CB’s and really helps progress play. He simply needs someone beside him that can chip in a little in regards to both offense and defence, it’s why I think that Tielemans is the perfect partner for him right now.

4 Likes

He can play there sure but he doesn’t compare well to others in a similar role. Think people are treating an 8 - 10 game sample a little too definitive.

The midfield structure is mostly fine for a possession based team, is it sustainable over the course of a season? Not sure

:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

HERE WEEEEE GOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

LOL

1 Like

LFG! Love a new signing reveal.

Welcome!

3 Likes

Bem-vindo ao Arsenal!

https://www.arsenal.com/men/players/fabio-vieira

He’s not hot

Once he starts dishing out assists like Ozil, there will be a lot of dick sucking at that time and will be hot like a hotdog.

2 Likes

You uh, find hotdogs sexually attractive?

1 Like

I actually found Özil a little bit attractive though. I remember people laughing at me for fancying him. And Mavropanos come to think of it. Jakey in particular thought I was blind there.

1 Like