FA Cup 2021/22

Or just a firefighter manager to see out the season. Howe’s teams can’t defend and the attacking isn’t even that good.

1 Like

Newcastle are PUTRID. None of these players can handle operating in a small space. Heavy touches everywhere.

Nobody in the city of Newcastle will care about this lol.

All about staying up

Cambridge see it to the end!

Newcastle OUT.

Newcastle wouldn’t have wanted to go out at this stage but it’s probably for the best interest

Have they kept a single clean sheet since Howe signed on

1-0 Vs Burnley. Which had a lot more to do with Burnley than Newcastle.

1 Like

I hope they show the Cambridge goal ahead of the hull v Everton match.

Are barrow still hanging onto the 4-4 at Barnsley?

Well done to Kidderminster on their 2-1 v Reading (even though they’re West Midlands)

Hahahahaha

Hull 1-0 Neverton

I love the FA cup, it’s where football started, the whole world look on in envy at footballs greatest cup competition.
Yet a lot of clubs seem to devalue it, the English should be proud of something no other country can claim to.
There are times I just see the premiership and Euro games as nothing but a business, the true soul is in the FA cup.
It’s why I started following Arsenal, 79 cup final ( and the Irish contingent :slightly_smiling_face:)

6 Likes

You know what’s ruined it this year- no replays. I know it’s needs must due to COVID postponements in the League pyramid. However, we would have had more football on terrestrial telly midweek. A replay on the BBC and a replay on ITV, I’m sure.

This isn’t to mention the money churning aid it would have brought to some of the non league clubs (e.g. Barrow should have gone to a home replay after going to 4-4 at Barnsley at FT)

1 Like

Nice post, it doesn’t get the respect it deserves anymore. Do you have any ideas how to put the glory back into the cup in today’s footballing landscape.

I’ve always maintained that the winner should get CL qualification over 4th

2 Likes

Lol Newcastle… love a good upset

1 Like

I dunno, I still think it holds some prestige, dude. CL qualification or not. For example, Wigan and Leicester wouldn’t change their cup exploits in recent years for the world.

As for a lot of stuff in football, ManUre are to blame. The cup hasn’t recovered from their shit in 2000.

Gray makes it 1-1 for Everton

Unfortunately times have changed, it’s about everyone involved in football making as much money as possible and not about the glory.
Yeah get rid of 4th place, FA cup winners into the champions league, which I might add is another devalued competition.

2 Likes

I kind of like the idea of making 4th a playoff and if we get a 5th into CL through whatever insane formula they have, then add the FA Cup to it.

1-3 go in
4-5 two leg play-off with the loser going to Euro obv.

Reality is the points gap tends to be from 1-4… often the differences between 4-8 aren’t that big.

Liverpool and Man Utd may have bucket loads of European cups and premierships, but fuck em we’ve got the oldest greatest cup competition in the world.

2 Likes

But would uefa allow this, wouldn’t the rest of Europe have to do the same?

Probably - it is incredibly unlikely (and I have no idea what it would actually take for our coefficient to warrant 5 teams and if that is even possible)… but there is some precedent for cup winner to quality in UEFA with the Euro.

Motherwell or Hibs winning the Scottish Cup and getting into the CL proper ahead of the likes of Celtic and Rangers via the League would be quite funny tbf

I think they would still follow similar rules in terms of needing to potentially win ties on the front-end… it could be structured in some way to ensure there aren’t ridiculous situations where teams get right into the main competition from some tiny league’s Cup.