FA Cup 2019/20

There goes that. 2-0 now.

Didn’t they play in the carabao cup semi this year though.

Right after Newc miss a sitter City shut the door. Great move from Sterling.

Saracasm people! Bloody hell. :roll_eyes: Just going a bit OTT since I hate the draw. Had it been Utd, I wouldn’t’ve cared.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Spewing we got Man City, we were going to be an underdog no matter what but this us by far and away the worst option. What’s our last 7 games vs them ? Played 7 lost 7 scored 2 conceded 21 ?

Ah well at least we have a cup semi final, we were better and they weren’t as good but we did upset them in 2017. Let’s pray lightning strikes twice.

Well, I think Arteta was embarrassed by how we performed up there, he has a real point to prove going to play that team. I think we’ll do better than we did in the league game. Whether we get a result is an entirely different matter.

2 Likes

Right, let’s focus on this now

Even if we get past MoneyBags FC, I don’t think we’ll beat Chelsea or ManUSA in the final.

No team has ever defeated the same opponent three times in the Cup final.

Is that a challenge Dave?

Rackin me brains.

We beat Liverpool in 1950 and 1971, only to lose in 2001.

Chelsea and Manchester United have met in 3 finals. Chelsea winning two (2007 and 2018) but ManUre won the other one (1994)

We’ve played Newcastle in ?two? finals (1932 and 1998) and we won one a-piece.

We beat Man United in 79 and 2005. They haven’t beaten us.

We beat Chelsea in 2002 and 2017. Again, they haven’t beaten us.

I think the “not winning three against the same opponent” is a true stat (@stroller will probably disprove me now :joy:)

Records are there to be broken Dave!

She wore, she wore,

She wore a yellow ribbon,

She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of M̶a̶y̶. August!!!

2 Likes

I’d rather we play Chelsea (counting chickens time). We owe them one after Baku.

Man United (in spite of beating us in the Cup last season) are kinda due against us.

1 Like

We’ve actually played Newcastle in three. 1952 which we lost.

1 Like

The over the line one was '32 wasn’t it?

Yep

1 Like

Okay @DavidHillier anorak facts for you on the 52 cup final. George Robledo scored the only goal. He became the first South American (Chile) to score in a cup final.

Also John Lennon drew a picture as a kid of the game that ends up on his Walls and Bridges album in the 70s.
My mates a massive Lennon fan and give me that one. Have a look its on there. :star_struck:

1 Like

Man, they’re so gonna slap us this weekend.
I really, really want us to go all the way on this ffs. It’s so disheartening that only do we need to be perfect in the match, but they have to have a bad match for us to have a chance.

2 Likes

Chelsea please. They seem more shit than United. Plus some sort of revenge of the EL final.

3 Likes

Yeah I’d prefer to play Chelsea. After today we shouldn’t feel overly worried about either team but United’s attack is so dangerous.

2 Likes