Everton

This is unfortunately a really telling quote if you were to apply it to our current manager also…

Not when you remember covid but still a mindblower imo :joy:

Ah well I guess Everton will have to finish 10th with someone else in 21/22.

10 Likes

Would Lampard get a call maybe?

That’s a decent shout tbh

Nah. I thought Lampard would be more Palace level. But they want Nuno. And I thought Nuno was Everton level. So if Nuno isn’t Everton level, then Lampard isn’t really either.

:sweat_smile:

11 Likes

He done an appalling job. The football was horrible, signed very good players and finished 10th.

1 Like

I would love it if Moyes walked out on West Ham.

I’d go for Moyes tbh, deserves a chance to manage Everton with resources.

No reason to be loyal to West ham

Neither of those two options move Everton anywhere.

1 Like

It would be pointless outside of a possible longer contract for Moyes.
Straight away he goes back managing in a city where he can’t compete with his rivals.
6th place for West Ham is great. Plus you have no rival to outshine you.
It’s a nothing other than pragmatic move for Everton.

1 Like

Staying on brand so.

2 Likes

Moyes would be nuts to go back

1 Like

6th is probably the peak of what he can do at West Ham, save from fluking an FA Cup win or something. At least if he goes to Everton he gets an improved pay cheque, a better transfer budget, and the opportunity to use all that to try and improve on an improvable tenth place finish. West Ham have already dumped him once in his career, every chance they do it again in a year or two if they finish lower in the table.

Now seems like a good time to leave, and Everton seems a good place to go, imo.

1 Like

Maybe, but surely he’d want to oversee their European campaign?

Yeah, he might do to be fair. Or they might be rather pathetic in Europe like other similar teams can be, ultimately flopping out to someone distinctly mediocre because they ultimately realise they’re better off prioritising league performance. A bit like Leicester.

I feel like some teams don’t really fully embrace the “were going on a European adventure” vibe, maybe because their chairmen tell them to prioritise other matters?

But yeah, if he wants to have a good old shot at Europe, he may well wanna stay to reap the benefit of this great league campaign they had.

Or maybe he thinks he’ll have lots to spend at Everyon and will definitely have them in Europe next season, so isn’t fussed?

Will be interesting to see what happens either way, but I think on balance if I were him I’d take the move if offered, but that is just me.

1 Like

Problem is teams like Leicester have moved ahead of Everton and they don’t have much of an advantage in recent seasons on the Wolves, West Ham’s or even Leeds and Villa now.
Everton fans with the new stadium on the horizon and investment of Moshiri surely want more than this?

I’d say that with their ownership they likely have an edge over those sides in the market, should they effectively utilise their financial muscle. I know it’s just one signing, but I haven’t seen any of those other sides make a Hamez level signing. But I’m no expert on the financials of Arsenal, let alone any of that lot, so I could be well off the mark haha.

I’d have to think long and hard about Leicester, but if I were him I think I’d rather manage Everton than any of those other sides you mentioned.

Maybe I’m just a mentally weak dude, but I’d also like taking over a side that just came tenth, that instantly sets the bar for improvement quote low haha

I see it different. Everton investment has come in and not even given them an ounce of on field change.
Leeds with Biesla have comeback reinvented. Leicester are probably the best run club outside of the top 4 and have established themselves in and amongs the 6.
Villa and Wolves are nothing special granted but have also realised though they have no need too be overly bothered about Everton.
I wouldn’t go back if I was him personally. Being in Liverpool shadow alone stops any improvement pale into insignificance on a personal level for him and unfairly bit of added pressure there.