Everton

2 Likes

Crazy!!

Will be interesting to see how he does. Iā€™ll keep an eye on Everton for the rest of the season I think.

Whose got the bigger job on here. Carlo is hampered by Klopp and Liverpool shadow and thatā€™s getting bigger by the day.

Ancelotti hands down, at least with Arteta thereā€™s a chance no matter how slim that he succeeds.

Whereas Ancelotti shouldnā€™t of bothered, heā€™s not the type to build a protect whatsoever, truly baffling appointment.

Why not let big Dunc take over until end of the season and drop the bag on someone like Potter.

Potter would have been really good for them actually, great shout.

In any case, I love Don Carlo, hope he does well here.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always liked Everton. Best kits in the league besides us. And of course they always take our cast offs, and they rival the shittiest club in Engerland, so Iā€™m really hoping Ancelloti can change their fortunes.

2 Likes

Think they where totally burned out on energy of Ferguson games.
Looked a limited coach today with a limited squad.

1 Like

Everton have over 40 shots from their opening 2 games under Ancelotti. Instant impact on their playing style. They progress the ball better, they have a better shape and theyā€™re playing some attractive football.

2 Likes

*Against Burnley and Newcastle.

1 Like

I hope weā€™d have done the same against these two. Not gonna say Iā€™d be confident

1 Like

:pires2:

https://twitter.com/10secondRunOff/status/1210949451759661057

https://twitter.com/everzonian/status/1210981161238818816

1 Like

Thatā€™s about the most exciting thing Everton related thats ever happened since there was an argument in this thread

1 Like

Everton fan in work talking about Usmanov sponsoring their new stadium.
Anybody heard this today.

I saw it online earlier today.

I think this was always part of Usmanovā€™s plan when the stadium received approval. USM already sponsors their training ground.

Itā€™s a pretty neat way to flout FFP rules

1 Like

Interesting they seem or hope to think mega investment follows. Iā€™m not sure it really does as Iā€™d imagine him and Moshiri will make sizeable profits on their current investment.
Improvement on the pitch should make it a sound project within reason.

Investment in facilities has always been outside FFP as far as Iā€™m aware.

Something weā€™ll never get KSE to do unfortunately.

Youā€™re correct but wouldnā€™t selling naming rights for training ground/stadium come under commercial income rather than actual investment into facilities.

So if I was a billionaire I could build 10 new state of the art pitches at the training ground and hire the best youth coaches. I understand that investment would be exempt under current rules?

Oh yeah that would be commercial income alright. I thought it was the stadium build you were referring to so my bad. :slight_smile: