Everton Vs Arsenal (PL)

12 minutes later.

See you in a few days ya muppet.

2 Likes

Man United’s are all weighted at home tho aren’t they? I have them down in 3rd with that advantage.

Chelsea have mostly away and have those trips to Liverpool and Manchester.

Not quite sure actually why so many clubs have these skewed fixtures, Cardiff are also in a position where they have 2 at home and 5 away. Given their away form that’s why they’re basically down already

Leave it to the arsenal to give us hope and play like turds next game

2 Likes

I hate my job :smiley:

Will put it on asap

1 Like

Wasn’t the away form tbh. We played well in our last few home games and I thought we would finally take that onto our away games against a pretty average Everton side.

1 Like

Who was your :star: performer today?

VOTE :point_right: Man of the Match Thread

1 Like

Definitely. It’s up to us to take it to them and get a proper result but anytime we play away from home it worries me. That’s why I don’t think we get top 4 or EL, just cause of the away form.

Who where the muppet Arsenal fans who applauded Theo on ffs.

1 Like

@BigWeng_4LYFE Are you in England?

4 Likes

I kind of mentally marked this one down as a loss before kickoff anyway. The lineup only confirmed my feeling. Chasing top 4 with Elneny in the starting XI just isn’t going to cut it.

Unfortunately Sokratis won’t be available for the next few games so we’ll have to start Mustsfi in defense.

Hopefully the midfield looks better next week. I’m not really expecting great things away to Watford or Wolves.

1 Like

Luca is a child.

If you have to lose your shit & get banned over a match atleast make sure it’s a crucial one.

3 Likes

We dont have many of them tbf.

2 Likes

I don’t think a different line up would have affected this game much at all, every player looked culpable of dropping a stinker today. We looked absolutely lethargic in everything we set out to do today, so my criticism for Unai here is preparation from a mental point of view.

I think Iwobi was probably the best sub today of the three that were made.

I think all of the top 4 contenders are going to lose a game here or there in the run up to the end of the season but we really need to get ahold of these away trips fast before we see this slip away from us.

8 Likes

I think we really ought to start winning 50-50s. After a display like today, it makes you think, have we moved on to bigger and better things after Wenger? Away performances are insipid and designed to get a point, by hook or crook. This game was almost a copy of what we had at West Ham.

Going back to 50-50s, it’s the quickest way to get the ball in the opposition half from your own penalty area. Be sure to head the ball, or at least anticipate where the second ball may land. Flood the midfield. Don’t allow the likes of Idrissa Gueye and Bernard to look world class

Mainly, we need friggin urgency when we’re chasing a game. 1-0 down after 10 mins. Don’t act like it’s game over FFS. Like someone said, Iwobi was a bright spark when he came on. Can’t Mkhitaryan play the same way? Don’t wait til half-time to get instruction from your manager. We’re in the Premier League. You need 100% concentration all the time. You go a goal behind against anyone in this league, at any time, you have a mountain to climb to get back.

For me, players who did OK were Leno (possibly MOTM), Mustafi and Ramsey.

Elneny is a waste of space. If he can’t get himself into good positions in attacking situations and can’t even command a clean sheet (I know that’s not all on him, but he is a DM) and all he does is pass sideways or backwards, then what does he offer?

Aubameyang- can we stop calling him world class yet? The fans in the stands seem to be very, and justifiably, frustrated with him

1 Like

God awful performance and result.

Typical of the shit we have seen in years gone by. Just when we have a chance to take advantage of other teams dropping points, we fuck up. Can’t count how many times these spineless cunts have let us down.

11 Likes

Haven’t watched the game yet, but with our away form and Elneny starting the result does not surprise also.

As for Aubameyang what do people expect when he plays out of position ? We didn’t sign him as a world class winger did we ?

1 Like

And who is to blame for that?

Yeah I was there, I got the Theo chant going too 🖒🖒😁

Yeah from a tactical perspective, it’s not like there were many other options in the midfield given that Xhaka and Torreira were unavailable, so we were forced to play a decidedly one dimensional double pivot in there. I think some other decisions can be questioned; I would’ve started Iwobi over Ozil, but on the other hand Emery would’ve got plenty of abuse if he did so because people just can’t seem to accept that there are matches which other players are better suited for. This formation can also be frustrating, but I don’t think it’s the primary issue here because we’ve had good performances with it in recent times.

We genuinely just have a serious mental deficiency away from home, it’s almost not worth dwelling on the lineup, formation, tactics etc… This is a major problem going back a couple of seasons now with this group of players, and Unai definitely needs to get it sorted and do a better job of motivating them, but I think it’s pretty clear that there is an issue with the overall attitude and drive of this team on the road and some of it is beyond his control at the moment.

1 Like

Xhaka and Torry both being unavailable is pretty harsh… especially Torry.