European Super League

I’d love to watch our team getting fucking destroyed every single week, xhaka breaking his knees vs mbappe and neymar. I’m having so much fun this season watching us fail as a club.

Buzzing for the future.

Right? They could just increase the payout of the cups they already have. The whole thing is mad messy.

1 Like

The talk use too be of football as a sport. It then became a business and now spoken of as a brand.
Put into the mix a lot of the clubs have overseas owners and investment then domestic becomes a dirty word.
BT and SKY will sell it too us as they did with top 4.
They made top 4 a trophy and turned the FA cup a novelty. It’s natural progression. We reap what we’ve sown.

6 Likes

More money the piss up the wall. Football has hardly made great use out of it.

3 Likes

There is no way they get away with that set up

2 Likes

Statement from UEFA

1 Like

Football went from being a game a long time ago, it’s been about the money for a good 20+ years already.

1 Like

Deny the players from representing their national team!?

That’s slimy

2 Likes

Has to be said fans (Generalisation) stood idly by while the business interests took over (Also because some of them are for it). Didn’t really put up much of a fight.

2 Likes

Ballsy. I like it.

Fuck off you rich twats.

3 Likes

Gotta say it’s a couple of times we’ve been linked with these things and it’s tainted what was and has been a dwindling feel for the club for a while now.

6 Likes

This alongside that batshit PPV project pulled at the start of the pandemic when people were losing jobs or getting furloughed. Football really has no honour does it?

4 Likes

Not really. There was debates on here defending players wages because of contracts.
Literally arguing on behalf of millionaire row. Again as we have seen it’s riding through a pandemic and seeing it as an opportunity for more money. Disgusting stuff really.

4 Likes

The pandemic might have actually sped up the process. Clubs are losing shit loads of money because of lack of matchday revenue.

True and it’s certainly why some are accelerating for it. Been a godsend for some of them though.

If this ends up happening, I will cancel all my Arsenal memberships and never pay for another season ticket, match day ticket, shirt or anything else again. I’m not even saying that as a knee jerk but fuck that may as well start supporting Microsoft and apple at that point. Arsenal won’t even really be a football club no more.

14 Likes

Yes!!!

This is exactly what I wanted them to do.

FIFA should also step in and say any player playing for one of these clubs is banned from representing a FIFA nation at the world cup.

That’ll stop this stupid shit dead in its tracks.

These American owners are a blight to our sport.

8 Likes

Oh I forgot, let’s not forget the ‘project big picture’ farce too where the big clubs offered a bribe to the smaller clubs who were up shits creek because of the pandemic to get the ability to exercise independent voting power.

3 Likes