European Super League

“Extra spots for historic success may now be axed”

Erm… good? They have to be if we’re to swallow the UEFA spiel about sport being about fairness and everyone being able to grab a seat at the table.

3 Likes

Did they officially end the loophole that allowed a third place CL team to drop into the EL?

Don’t think so.

Yes. There is no third place teams in this new format. Teams that exit, exit.

2 Likes

tl;dr

1 Like

Bad logic motivated by bitterness

2 Likes

They’ll do it quicker with “proper punishment” which essentially means fining the shit out of them I’d imagine.

5 Likes

They think we should have point deductions and enforced relegation because they did when they went bankrupt and they think it’s the same thing LOL

1 Like

They’re going to do it again punished or not, eventually they’ll reach an agreement that’s amenable to UEFA and the Americanisation will come full circle. Especially with Barca Real and Juve digging their heals in, I genuinely thought they would have followed suit any backed off like the English clubs and wait and see. They’re desperate for those overseas markets.

Proper snitch stuff from Leeds though, pussies.

3 Likes

Real footage from the writing of that banner…

2 Likes

Club that hasn’t been relevant for over a decade trying to become relevant again.

LOL.
You weren’t invite, deal with it.

3 Likes

Yeah well I’ll give it a like anything that basically calls them 6 cunts out is fair play this week.

Be interesting 3 years or more down the line though were Arsenal and spurs are on the invited list if it goes again.
Could see them maybe go with a 10 or even 8 team set up as a starter point next time., leaving room for growth.

1 Like

Tbh Arsenal and Spurs being on that list now is laughable. In another three years it will look even sillier.

1 Like

Yeah if they came down hard on these six clubs and actually did deduct points or even relegate them as some are saying (good luck), that would just push them to create the Super League faster than anything else they could do.

2 Likes

Oh fuck them. Just deduct them some points and reclaim some integrity. Fuck all this rolling over and playing dead for them.
If I hear this other shit about the fans being punished by this I’ll fucking spew. Shearer giving it fine them and pass it down the League’s nonsense. Unless its a few million each it won’t touch the sides.

You’re gonna have to venn diagram for me how those two things are related.

1 Like

Just an alternative and a better one than a fine.

Same thing ultimately.

Well those that just they attempted to usurp would gain something.
A paltry fine isn’t going too be of any benefit or make any dent on transfers.

1 Like

I think the harder you punish the teams involved, the more likely you are making another breakaway attempt.

1 Like