Euro 2020

Ian Maxwell, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “As well as the agreement to postpone EURO 2020 until next year, we also received indications that our UEFA Nations League Play-Off semi-final against Israel at Hampden Park, due to be played on 26 March, is now scheduled to take place in early June, with no date as yet confirmed.

June for the playoffs?! No chance

Surely you can just go ahead and cancel UEFA Nations League, especially if it’s featuring such thrilling ties as Israel vs. Scotland in the semifinals.

Also can someone explain to me again how the fuck Israel is considered part of Europe for UEFA?

1 Like

It’s playoffs for Euro 2020

They were kicked out of the Asian Federation (by it’s members) in the 70’s and admitted to UEFA in the 90’s (by it’s members).

1 Like

Basically: $$$

1 Like

Just call the League’s done on 28 games and distribute the cash through the League’s now.
Clubs need that money. So if you can’t finish in June it’s done. Simple.

Basically: Anti Semitism

lol

EURO 2020 was scheduled to start tonight

1 Like

One positive of coronavirus.

1 Like

Trash.

Guess I’m the only one who’s gutted haha. I fucking love Euros and World Cups. Even when Holland aren’t playing I look forward to it.

Definitely not. I absolute love the summer tournaments.

1 Like

I loved euro cups.

The last, expanded edition was absolute bollocks, infumable.

3 Likes

As its now confirmed to be played without fans next month and automatic refunds are now happening. I now have a weird keepsake of the game for its original date before covid absolutely ruined 2020 :joy::joy:

1 Like

Haha!

Mate, I don’t think any of us who opted to have our Euro 2020 tickets rolled to the rescheduled 2021 dates will even be going to that now. I might ask for a refund at the next opportunity tbh. :joy:

2 Likes

Really interesting to see what they do there. It obviously makes no real sense to do it across 12 countries or whatever it was if restrictions remain and fans can’t enter. But there will be all sorts of contracts etc and none more important than the tv deals. It could be that they have to go ahead as planned but adhering to local restrictions per country.

The logistics of it fascinate me a bit. I’d love to be the cunt tasked with socially distancing a stadium. But they likely have a computer for that anyway.

2 Likes

All this could mean that Qatar 2022 could go ahead just how the Qatari officials wanted it.

No fans, no bikini-clad women, no gays.

The medieval bastards

1 Like

Our biggest game since 2003!

Super John McGinn special please

It’ll be bittersweet if Scotland qualify.

I’d also love to see them in an international tournament, but without the hordes of Tartan army there, it seems empty

2 Likes