Euro 2020

Yeah defo mate, I’ll defo try again.

Like you said, nobody could have done anything about a black swan event.

On the plus side, glad the UEFA are taking the correct proactive measures in a timely manner!

2 Likes

Postpone is bad, but at least the tournament is still on…

Wondering what will happen to the Olympics

1 Like

That’s good for us, Saka will be absolutely flying by then, might as well put our name on the trophy now!

As long as you guys don’t get a proper attacking midfielder it all really doesn’t matter ;).

1 Like

Wonder what if any knock on effects that means for the sham world cup in Qatar or the changes that were already having to be made to accomodate that. We could be seeing the 2023 CL final in late June perhaps…

1 Like

No doubt in my mind that it should be coronavirus’ major victim.

2 Likes

If you were famous and there was a lookylikey contest held in your honour, this is what I’d call it.

8 Likes

Officially postponed. Thread title change needed

*Euro 2021

3 Likes

Crazy times.

Optimist

Man this offset the cricket world cup’s strategy of being held on odd years.
Haha

Just hit me, but didn’t we need to reschedule the next 2 seasons to prevent a summer world cup in 2022 anyway? Was there no plan for that? I don’t recall hearing one but I thought FIFA said it would be in winter.

2 Likes

My eternal hope is that they cancel the Qatar 2022 winter world cup and give it to another country in time for summer 2023

9 Likes

The question is. Do they cancel the Euro 2020 in order to give room for the domestic leagues to get finished or do they cancel it for safety and health reasons.

1 Like

Why can’t it be both?

2 Likes

Cuz if you decide to cancel the euro 2020 for health and safety reasons, then surely the same applies for for domestic leagues, cl and el.

1 Like

Not if it’s a choice between the two in terms of which can be held/completed should conditions allow one to become viable.

I’m more depressed that the FA Cup is effectively over :pensive:

UEFA and their partners signed an agreement to finish domestic and European competitions by the end of June. It’s the first.

The CL and EL final got new dates; 27th and 24th of June.

There is no way in hell domestic and euro comps will be completted by 30. June.

Everytime a player gets the virus the whole fekin team will have to go into self isolation. Its the never ending cycle.

Just scrap this shit and see where we are in August.

1 Like