Euro 2020

na u suk lololololelelel :joy:

4 Likes

CR7 on 94 goals now.:prince:

3 Likes

England are fookin shite m8

1 Like

Somewhere in Italy a person by the name of Luca is laughing at the cocky English

7 Likes

Question id like to ask most of you out their.
How good is world football right now. International wise I think it’s pretty average. Teams wise and coaching wise I see nothing special and individually how many real top talents.
Seems to me a lot of players get extra tournaments because a lack of quality coming through.
Think the full effects of the Bosman rule has watered down so many Leagues now and caused a lot of this.

It’s shit.

Football peaked for 2 decades I’d say. Between 1991 and 2009 (and even then there were some dry patches in that time- thanks Mourinho!)

Some CL games have me captivated but that’s it. Not a single WC game had me hooked last year.

Football as an entertaining sport is almost non-existent now. (No.matter how Sky dress it up)

4 Likes

Money’s ruined it. It’ll be back once the bubble bursts.

Definitely. It’s being made more palatable for the corporate masses.

Football used to be tribal. It used to be the 3pm on a Saturday. No unnecessary build-up, no post-mortem. You go to watch the football, you come home. It wasn’t overpriced and it wasn’t shit.

The number of times @Stroller has complained (justifiably) about the quality of the 3pm kick offs is countless.

Take our example. We’re playing on a Monday night in the north, again, when the fixtures re-start. We don’t even have to. We’re not playing this Thursday, nor did we play the Thursday before we played Man Utd. Are there even any trains coming back from Sheffield at that time?

I genuinely hope the money bubble bursts and with it the damn TV rights to schedule games.

With football and its exposure, less is fckin more

4 Likes

You don’t have to watch it lol. I like football on the tv probably the thing I watch most on my tv.

But you’re also on your phone while you’re watching it. Quite telling, no?

This isn’t a go at you. It’s the general perception of football now that it’s good, it’s the best thing since sliced bread, yadda yadda. It isn’t.

1 Like

It’s when I see the same names playing at national level.
Holland with Babbel. Mueller with Germany. Italy not providing much and Lewa leading what we know final wise will be an ordinary polish team.
France have talent but play organised football.
Just think the whole game lacks.

1 Like

For me International football is totally dead. And the way globalism is going I cant see it coming back to its peak ever.

Club football though is better than ever imo. Competetion is fierce and in the PL every team can beat eachother on their day, which is incredible when you think about it.

The injection of OIL money and what not has only increased the quality of the game for me. State of the art picthes, stadiums, training facilities etc.

Furthermore kids growing up will all want to get a piece of them DOLLARS, which just add to the extreme competetion of becoming a proffesional footballer. Future is bright ! #FuckInterLULS

4 Likes

Kids by the age ten can stop dreaming if their not anybody’s academy though.
I have a big problem with that.

2 Likes

Ireland are six games in, top of the group and have played Gibraltar and Georgia twice. Six goals scored. :joy:

1 Like

People say this but pretty much every major league is dominated by 1/2 teams these days. Barcelona win La Liga virtually every year with the odd Real Madrid win. Juventus romp to the Serie A almost unchallenged. PSG will win every Ligue 1 for years to come. Bayern Munich don’t even need to be good to keep winning the Bundesliga.

When I got into football the Serie A had it’s seven sisters. Germany has Bayern Munich, Dortmund and Leverkusen who had been in the CL final/won the competition and the Bundesliga went through a period where the title was being traded.

Look at the European Cup finalists in the 90s and compare that to now… Red Star, Marseille, Sampdoria, Dortmund, Ajax, Juventus, Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, United… I couldn’t dream of seeing half of those clubs even get close to the semis now.

Football is a growing sport. It’s popularity will keep growing and the money in the game won’t stop flowing. It’s just a shame it’s come at the expense of the beauty of the game.

International football hasn’t produced a high quality tournament since WC 2006. There have been some good tournaments, but they’re usually low on quality. It’s just a bunch of top players stat padding against low level nations and then flattering to deceive at the big stage.

International tournaments used to make players.

4 Likes

Guys I’m out travelling and on my phone - could someone do me a huge favour and send me a link to the Denmark Switzerland game?

Struggling finding one

First thing I agree with you in a long time. Non-romantic, honest take.

Flagged for open plea for sadism.

3 Likes

Only Luca would watch this game mate sorry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Not being a prick but I have no idea why you’d continue to watch it if that’s literally how you feel

I get you, and it’s almost a juxtaposition.

Football remains a way of life. It’s like work. Doesn’t mean I enjoy it.

This weekend has been rather lame without football. Funnily enough, FPL keeps me going and keeps me mildly interested in non Arsenal games.

Arsenal games themselves haven’t been exciting in a long while. The last one I can remember is the 4-2 v Spurs. (Even the recent Villa game didn’t excite me, per se)

2 Likes