Erling Haaland 🤖

He simply is the new era now that Messi / Ronaldo are finished.

I don’t know who else could be part of that new era, Haaland seems to be head and shoulders above the rest in terms of dominating.

I actually reckon he won’t. Not sure he’ll have close to the longevity they both had.

Haaland is a monster in this city team, it’s a bit like what I expected had they signed Ronaldo last year tbh, but on steroids.

Still mental they won the title and racked so many points without a proper striker as it was clear what they were missing, Haaland is proving that.

1 Like

If I had to choose, I’d still take Mbappe in my team over Haaland.

Imagine Mbappe in a Guardiola team… Numbers, numbers, numbers…

1 Like

The :goat: has 19 goal contributions in 13 games this season there’s still some life left in the old dog. I hope he has one last glory season and a great WC.

1 Like

Not since Gerd Muller have I seen anyone with more awareness around the penalty area.
You can coach a player on technique, you can’t coach awareness like this lad has.
It’s a natural talent and gift. The aura around the man being on the pitch is a comparison you can add now to his game.
It’s tangible each match now. Add also a couple of assists and taking defenders out of moves leaving space for players running on.
This a very real and big deal footballer we are watching here.

6 Likes

And what did you expect? The Bayeux Tapestry? :wink:

My point would still stand

Yeah it’s genuinely hard to think of a striker with better awareness and movement. He almost never wastes a step with his runs and knows how to drag defenders with him before leaving them behind with the deftest of movements.

All time great positional awareness at the age of 22, generational movement and probably the most devastating blend of pace and power since R9 in the 90s.

Not an exaggeration how good he has the potential to be

1 Like

You have to stop the ball getting to him, rather than hoping he wont score.

Also and not a criticism of the player, he has the advantage of defensive units and individual CBs at an all time low for me.
I doubt he will be involved in any great duels over the years to come.

1 Like

The main aim of a striker is to get goals so although players like Messi and Ronaldo might sometimes dribble past loads of players to do it, surely a striker that scores more goals is the better team player.

No goals from this clogger yet again.

Dude is finished.

Poundshop Nunez! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Unprecedented level of robotics

Good fucking luck trying to work out which red line represents which player from previous seasons lol

5 Likes

I think he’s injured for this weekends match

Risks of letting your work experience person do too much by themselves :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Injured today? :pray:

To be assessed.
Might find out if there was any truth in reports that he came to City rather than Madrid as City would rest him when required.

1 Like

Videos of him limping. Maybe not even on the bench?

Wife: “Haaland injured, what do you predict.”

Me: ”Alvarez hat trick.” :man_shrugging:t3:

Needs a service.

It’s ok, machinery will be lubed and parts replaced and the Haalinator will be ready to go for next game