Erling Haaland šŸ¤–

Next to a garbage bin is usually where Giroud posters are at, so I am very surprised by this sentence of yours.

Cos Giroud actually played his proper role with them, bench guy who can offer something different to what is in the starting lineup and start some games throughout a long season. If he was that guy here then he might get some applause.

1 Like
1 Like

Thatā€™s crazy

All above board though. Honest.

4 Likes

With a goal bonus, heā€™ll be richer than Elon Musk by the end of the season

9 Likes

Yeah, it never made sense that Raiola and Papa Haaland set up the cheap release clause strategy all to just accept a normalish top player wage from a club like City. The whole point was to create a bidding war that would end with their guy getting paid somewhere in the megastar stratosphere like Mbappe/Neymar/Messi/Cristiano etc.

10 Likes

The only Haaland downside I can think of is that he may have created a key man dependency. Theyā€™ve adapted the way they play to get him goals, but that also has created a single point of failure for them which I donā€™t think theyā€™ve ever experienced before.

They could of course use Alvarez, or Foden / Bernardo as false 9s, but I like to think that would take a game or two before they are back in the swing of things.

Will be interesting to see what their results / performances are like if he gets injured for a month.

3 Likes

Yeah this is the interesting anomaly this time Jesus and Sterling are big players who have moved on and been big players in the past. Big lad with a big frame and in a game played faster than ever and a bigger workload than heā€™s faced before, impressive as heā€™s been, itā€™s a long season.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, I think their first XI is as strong as ever, arguably the strongest itā€™s ever been with a bona fide superstar leading the line.

But their squad isnā€™t as strong, or at least it isnā€™t as proven.

Jesus and Sterling were incredible rotation options which helped them to dominate the league. Sterling in particular contributed 78 goals in 161 games over the past 5 league seasons. He was a huge player for them with essentially a 1 in 2 return - phenomenal for a wide forward who would be rotated regularly.

Remains to be seen what Alvarez will do. Ofc, they could go and buy another top class forward in January and this post is redundant, but as it stands I think their squad is weaker.

1 Like

There are some really comments on that video as well

1 Like

We shouldnā€™t be derailing the Haaland thread with any sort of Giroud discussion tbh, absolutely criminal.

1 Like

Itā€™s not uncommon for the finest strikers of their generations to be talked about simultaneously

5 Likes

Well I call this second conquest of England

The guy is very ongoingā€¦berserker power yo

Iceland did the first one
God bless their name

LOL

Harold Hardrada slain on Stamford Bridge killed Bulgariaā€¦and we used to conquer Adrianopolā€¦thats second major city on European continent.first is Solun

The byzantine emperor have changed his guards from 5000 Armenians to 200 ships varangiansā€¦and they did make there a lot of gold

Basil the second lost his first battle
But later he is called Vulgaroocton
Killer of the bulgllarians

Very systematic 30 years war
Anyway we stood 1000 years there once we have slain an emperorā€¦we did it second time