Erling Haaland 🤖

no reason to leave any time soon… they are a juggernaut.

1 Like

They’re but no matter what they do they won’t have that same feeling of prestige that playing for Real Madrid has.

Hopefully Haaland heads off after a few years of destroying the Premier League.

2 Likes

Why go to Madrid if this City would demolish this Madrid.

Times are changing. Don’t know if for Haaland Madrid is of any importance if he wins everything with City.

Eventually Pep will leave City or the Pep cycle will end.
I can certainly see Haaland being at City for 3-4 years and then going to Madrid/Barcelona and then elsewhere raking up all the trophies.

Somewhere down the line I see Mbappe-Haaland trying to replicate the Messi Ronaldo rivalry to boost their income.

1 Like

12 Likes

I’t’s strange that Guardiola hasn’t gone for a striker like Haaland before.
They had Aguero who was a great goal scorer but not a conventional target man.

With so many great attacking midfield players like KDB, Grealish, Foden, Bernado, Mahrez, Rodri, Gundagon, etc, an all round goal scorer, like Haaland, would seem the obvious choice.

I wonder if Klopp might follow suit and look for a dedicated striker, especially with Salah past his peak.

Hi my name is Darwin Nunez

6 Likes

Darwin is a like a “clear out sale product” compared to Haaland being premium quality

1 Like

Messi redefined the role of a striker and Pep was the architect behind it. The title win last season had Foden, Sterling, Bernardo etc playing the false CF position. It can win you championships with 90+ points. If it works then no need to tamper with a winning formula.

It may seem like it’s an easy thing to do (perhaps it is) but Pep has adjusted his “perfect” system to now accommodate a completely different type of striker. And he’s getting the kid to post outrageous, unreal numbers. 14 goals in 8 games is simply unheard of in this league. I still can’t wrap my head around it.

Crazy that Pep will have presided over the development of two of the most prominent, generational talents of the last 20 years.

From a neutral’s perspective, I wouldn’t want Haaland to be managed by anybody else. Sucks for the rest of the league but we can watch on in astonishment and at least (begrudgingly) enjoy this player become an unstoppable force of nature.

3 Likes

Also, there aren’t many old school no9s any more. Kids wants to be Salah nowadays.

1 Like

As long as he’s not being managed by spurs, Man U or Chelsea, it’s tolerable. :grinning:

Having a target man, like Shearer, Torres, Carroll, Drogba, etc, does seem to have gone out of style.
Saying that, AC Milan have gone against the grain and reverted to having an old school striker.
I’m not sure what his name is but he is definitely a very old striker. :wink:

A very handsome old man.

Speaking of Giroud, Chelsea fans actually applauded him off the pitch last night. Wish Arsenal fans would appreciate his talent.

2 Likes

Maybe he shouldn’t have been a cunt after the EL win then

Much easier for Chelsea fans to like him, didn’t have to watch the guy stink it up as their main striker for 5 years straight.

1 Like

Because his reaction to winning a trophy is purely the reason Arsenal fans hate him. They loved him before that, yeah?

No already gave you the other reason

Which is a lie. He didn’t stink the place out for 5 years.

That was his manager.

1 Like

Sure, we get it you’ve got his posters all over your room.

Dude was a good B option when he finally hit the bench.

My room? I’m an adult, I have several rooms. And none of them have pictures of Giroud in. Not even my sex dungeon.

She has a Giroud quilt cover instead :slight_smile:

2 Likes