Eredivisie

TenHag is either Barcelona or Arsenal

Does it? Whilst the run was great it wasn’t like Real and Juventus were peak level. As for now it should’t be seen as an incident and not something that should leading in hiring Ten Hag.

@Forever the fact that De Boer, Cocu and Bosz failed in Europe (although Bosz is now doing a relatively solid job at Leverkusen) that scepticism seems fair.

Don’t really get why big clubs aren’t looking at him yet, I can understand people’s concerns about mentality and consistency but every time I watch him - Cl mostly- he looks a class act.

2 Likes

I think at this stage he’s proven his consistency which was a huge concern about him in the past so it’s insane to me that he isn’t more heavily linked with a club at the price he’s available for.

If he’s still got that £25M release clause - it’s incredible nobody is taking a punt on him.

2 Likes

Dream Ozil replacement for me.

He wants to come here as well lol

1 Like

Sounds like he wants to go anywhere tbh lol

1 Like

Saying as you probably know quite a bit about him would you say his best position is central or out wide?

If we were to go for him would he replace Ozil outright or would he be providing, Martinelli, Pepe competition for place?

Surely there isn’t better value for 25 million on the market right now. Come on Mikel.

1 Like

£25 million is like peanuts these days. I know he’s 26 and only played in the Eredivisie but just take the risk.

2 Likes

He’s definitely better as a 10 but he’s shown good qualities out wide too. He offers us an option that we could use him in wide and central roles and that sort of versatility and quality for that kind of price is unheard of.

6 Likes

@wilshambition

Thoughts on Ziyech?

Would be a great player to get us playing that arrogant football again.

5 Likes

Still beats me how no other club has gone for him, i wonder what his agent is actually doing.

Edit : as you mentioned earlier, consistency was his biggest issue, it’s no longer the case, he’s been bossing it in both the league and Europe, when i see van de beek linked with big clubs and ziyech’s only confirmed interest was from Roma, i wonder what’s wrong there.

1 Like

AFTV if we don’t get him: “I’m not saying it’s racism, but it feels like it”

3 Likes

Ziyech is said to be keen on a move to Arsenal and when asked which club he would like to join back in 2017, he told Ajax TV: ‘Well, I have two clubs. They are Arsenal and Barcelona. That is my ultimate dream.’

When asked if he has a footballing idol, Ziyech replied: ‘Yes, I actually do have one. [Mesut] Ozil.’

time to bin Ozil, Xhaka and Mustafi and make this happen lads.

3 Likes

I’d welcome Ziyech at Arsenal now. I think he could give us a huge boost. Hope Arteta rates him too.

Alan Pardew the new ADO Den Haag manager. Ha, that’s fantastic!

He’s a no-brainer type of signing.

The fact he was shunned in Europe after last seasons heroics is baffling to the extreme.

What?

1 Like