Eredivisie

One of the very best players to have ever worn our shirt.

6 Likes

My favourite Arse player of the Emirates era. The prick.

5 Likes

It’s upsetting isn’t it. The being old shit. :pensive:

1 Like

His last season with Arsenal is probably the best I’ve seen from a player during the Emirates era. Shame he was so injury prone before that. Top player and a great signing, shame he probably won’t be fondly remembered cause of his time with UTD. Also I don’t get the vibe from him that he loves Arsenal that much imo. He rarely ever mentions us. Could be wrong on that.

Although he went on to win the title with UTD, his best footballing year was his last season with Arsenal.

:gabriel:

A bit random but everything around Arsenal would have been so different if they just won that 07/08 Championship. At least everytime I see shit about van Persie or Fabregas I think that.

3 Likes

Is that available in Ibiza @Bl1nk

1 Like

Yeah, watched most of it. Great party!

Playoff final for Eredivisie promotion. Crazy game. Go Ahead Eagles needed a win. RKC a draw.

Ajax brought Quincy Promes back to the Eredivisie for 17 million including add-ons. I assume this means Ziyech or Neres is gone.

Going to De Klassieker (Ajax - Feyenoord) for the first time, next season. :grinning:

Can’t wait :kos2:

5 Likes

I remember Channel 4 randomly showing de klassiker about 20 years back for some reason and the ad for it was something like “its Arsenal v united…if you’re Dutch”. No idea how I’ve retained that useless nugget all these years later.

2 Likes

It’s more like United - Liverpool. But yeah 20 years ago, Arsenal - United was probably the biggest rivalry in the PL.

1 Like
3 Likes

If Bayern want Poch, I’d gladly bring this guy in :smile:

2 Likes

We would have to wait till the summer.

Ljungberg interim with Ten Hag taking over in June :giroud2:

Where can I sign?!

4 Likes

It’s a very Arsenal goal.
If we couldn’t get Allegri, Pochettino or Rodgers, I think he would be a very good choice.
The only problem would be that he has spent most of his career in the Dutch league and would he be able to come to the PL and get us out of this mess?

1 Like

That’s my concern as well. It’s easy to be dominant in the Dutch league.

However, he has been proving it in the CL against some big big name clubs as well.

I do think however he is more suited to a Bayern or Barcelona and their respective leagues.

Wouldn’t say no to him at Arsenal, though. Or maybe I would since it means he leaves my beloved Ajax.

It’s like having two girlfriends…

3 Likes

That’s true.
The run he had last season proved that he can do it in Europe.
Saying that, Wenger had never managed in the PL, and came from the Japanese League and turned us round straight away.

Although, Emery slightly goes against that argument. :grinning:

2 Likes

Aye

At the end of the day we never know for sure even with proven managers (Mourinho at United). There are many factors at play.

In the case of Ten Hag. It could work out really well or really poorly and if it’s the latter we will hear no end of how it’s been the wrong hire because of the Dutch league and so forth.

Meanwhile Arteta for some people is a fantastic idea because he clearly has achieved so much as a manager / coach

:ozil:

3 Likes