England

Calvert-Lewin is bang in form

You been busy?

DCL’s movement is so perfectly timed

Dominic Calvern-Siuuwin

1 Like

Gary Southgate is so uninspiring. We actually have some good players, but I don’t trust him to get the best from them. He’s not even a passion merchant. He’s just the blandest man alive!

4 Likes

Had no idea Albert also was the ass-coach of Wales.

Imgur

Despite the talent at his disposal England are his mirror image, going nowhere under him.

He’d be more suitable as a #2

In certain recent years when our players and managers have probably been ridiculed for shambolic performances when they were simply not good enough, it irked me how much praise he got for getting us to the semis in 2018 with some pretty dull performances.

I know at the time it was all good fun catching the progress of our team with a few bevvys and big groups of friends but the praise always bemused me.

1 Like

Trippier’s delivery, ufff

It was impossible to sack him after the World Cup in 2018 but probably necessary. Poor team selections, no tactical variety and the fact he lost/drew as many it not more games than he won in the tournament. England got a favourable draw and he fumbled it.

4 Likes

How’d Saka go in his debut ?

Played LWB. Was decent enough in both defence and attack. Kept it simple, nothing spectacular. Came off around 70th I think. Good debut.

1 Like

The mental gymnastics going into trying to re arrange England game against Iceland is getting pathetic now.
Germany and Albania being suggested as possible venues to host it. Just forget about it. Nobody gives a fuck.

7 Likes

The great thing about international breaks is?
Answers on a postcard.

2 Likes

They can’t though because it’s part of the Nations League. Which yeah, a lot of people still don’t care about, but they’ve already started the competition, so all the games will need to be completed now. Can’t just play some and forget others.

Should be quite a lot of answers to this. I’ve seen plenty of people say they are glad to for the international break this time round :upside_down_face:

Well personally I am haha.

Not often I can say we have a better midfield than Arsenal

I can settle down and watch an old 70s film on the Saturday afternoon instead.

Bliss

1 Like

Well okay lets try this for an argument then. England have been robbed of home advantage. Should just be postponed.

Yeah agree with you, and I definitely don’t think friendlies (like v Ireland tomorrow) should be going ahead. Problem is, this season’s football calendar is so condensed that it’s hard finding space for rearranged games – that’s probably why they’re so desperate to get it played. Iceland should just concede, they’re gonna finish bottom of the group anyway.

1 Like

Yeah agreed. Television contracts are a big player with the friendlies. Pretty sure England owed three due to the cancellation last season.