Emmanuel Petit

3 Likes

Such a good player and vastly overlooked when people talk about top Wenger signings.

8 Likes

Petit and Vieira were the best CM partnership I’ve seen.
Both winners as well as being physically and mentally tough.
What must they think when they see the shambles we’ve become?

9 Likes

Yeah agreed. Really gets left out the equation a lot.
Superb engine and good footballing brain. Very good tournament in 98 for France as well.

5 Likes

Manu Petit puts the icing on the cake.

He’s a TV consultant in France, and is as disappointed as we are whenever Arsenal is playing.

5 Likes

I’d love it if I could watch him in Arsenal, in his prime. Barely catched a bit of him in Chelsea shirt and France.
By everything I saw from the clips and read about him he seems like a proper proper all action midfielder.

But I do remember watching random old WC games on youtube years ago… After I watched the final 98 I remember I wrote somewhere that he was the man of the match for me. Can’t remember the game properly now, but if I’m correct France had a player sent off and Petit was the one who swithched to centre back position and he really impressed me there, considering how good he was as a midfielder in both directions. Didn’t put a foot wrong on that day as I can remember. Obviously scored a great goal too just to wrap everything up.

1 Like

Petit and Vieira’s partnership was something else watching them at Highbury was amazing. Why he left us i’ll never understand - that partnership could have run for a decade !?

2 Likes

He also appeared in a Christmas special of The Bill.

Eddie Santini was a good copper :blush:

1 Like

In fairness wasn’t he done a few years after the Barca move? Don’t remember him playing much part in the Abramovich early years. Not even sure who he joined after leaving Chelsea. Jeez, that was a quick fall from grace for him.

1 Like

He regretted his moves and wished he had stayed like quite a few players that left us. Ruined any legacy he could have had.

1 Like

He was originally a centre back at Monaco

1 Like

He was a right winger when I signed him from Monaco on Sensible Soccer :thinking:

1 Like

This leads me to beleive the Sensible Soccer editors didn’t do their due diligence

1 Like

I shan’t hear a slanderous word against the greatest game ever made.

2 Likes

It’s available to pick up on GOG if you fancy a replay

What’s GOG, amigo?

GOG.com - a game retailer. Used to be called good old games. Now it’s fans like the fact you have the uniquely removes digital rights management. So where as on other platforms you may have to be online or go through processes, on GOG you download and it’s yours forever

Mainly though I don’t think it retails on Steam etc

1 Like

I think the FIFA game had one of his legend cards as that or the LM position a few years back. I definitely remember there being a LB version of him as well.

1 Like
7 Likes