Emmanuel Adebayor

Shouldn’t have relied on the dream Emmanuel

1 Like

Villa did go down that season though. Spooky.

Maybe Adebayors goals might have made a difference.

1 Like

ooooh, there’s something to it

I do not remember him playing for Palace at all!!

Just looked his career up and he went to Madrid as well on loan!!

Don’t forget his time at spurs and city lol

Proper journeyman

Real Madrid legend

Just like Anelka, he started his mercenary career at Arsenal, before moving to whoever paid the most.

1 Like

Safe to say his best season was 07/08. The Tottenham move seemed to use his burning dislike of us as motivation but seem to remember it quickly fizzling out there after a decent start.

Fucker perma offside after that contract. Still one of the more insufferable full season performances I’ve had to watch.

All the talent but caught himself up in ridiculous controversy off the pitch and the same drive and hard work was simply not there following the 07/08 season. Could have aspired to earn a PL legacy with the likes of Drogba but no, got too big for his boots too early. Tbh a few key players in that years team threw the best of their careers away that summer after the club let the title charge slip. Quite a few MOTD highlights from that season have popped up on my YouTube feed. Wenger really fumbled the bag with that team.

A lot of his issues seem to have come from a poor upbringing.
Toxic family, superstitions etc.

While Bendtner does seem like a bellend, there was no need for that kind of aggression from him during an active match.

“We never liked each other,” he recalled in October. "Apart from that I got on with most people.

“We sat next to each other in the changing room. He was 25, I was 26, from the first moment we saw each other it was just a bad vibe. That never changed.”

The 33-year-old, who finished his career at Danish minnows Tarnby FF, added: “We had some small bust-ups in the changing room and that quite big one in Tottenham where it sort of blew out of proportion.

“We got hammered 5-1, we were so bad and the disappointment of letting the fans and team down just got out of hand between us.

“We had that sting on the pitch then we had a little bit in the dressing room and then the next day we were in [Arsene] Wenger’s office getting fined.

“It got explained how we had to learn how to deal with each other on a professional level and on a personal level.

“It was actually quite a good way of learning how to work with someone that you really disliked.”

1 Like

Swear Adebayor is older than him? lol. Bedntner was a youngster at the time of that bust-up.

Edit, squad numbers :face_with_peeking_eye::man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Still one of my favourite goals

https://twitter.com/Gunnersc0m/status/1702593095999852600?t=f7gmqA6djtFfywb2xYamKw&s=19

Sounds like he doesn’t want to remember it either

Emmanuel Adebayor reveals that joining Crystal Palace was the ‘worst decision’ of his career’

Says ex-Arsenal, Man City and Spurs star: ‘The only error I made was to sign for Palace. I did it just to please my entourage’

That is a Henry or Bergkampesque goal. :grinning:

This is the problem with modern footballers.
Agents and entourage are scum.

I agree with him. The chant was juvenile and he gave it back the best way possible.

Certainly one of our most hated ex players, for good reason.

2 Likes

I think most Arsenal fans moved on from that guy a long time ago.

2 Likes

I agree. We should move on from that thing most of us haven’t thought about in about a decade unless it was spuriously raised.

4 Likes