Emmanuel Adebayor

:sweat_smile::rofl:

For that sort of money I’d kiss a spurs badge and wouldn’t care who disparaged me. :grinning:

Yeah that’s fair… my issue was more the way he decided to run across the entire pitch to thumb his nose at the Arsenal fans in a purely classless and juvenile and disrepectful way… he went through some crap though, so while I can’t forgive that one moment of madness, he isn’t on my hated list really.

anyone remember him playing for Spurs as well?

I don’t like the guy but the last minute winner at Old Trafford was great

I love that he got sent off against us which lead to Tottenham’s defeat

7 Likes

Especially because it looked very much like we might have lost that match in quite ugly fashion before he did.

1 Like

Fuck this piece of shit. Was a decent player for a season but mostly an egotistical cunt who got too big for his shoes. And having a softy like Arsene didn’t help. I am sure if Mikel were in charge, he’d have put him in his place.

He’s such a far cry from the players we have now, especially the young ones, who seem to be Arsenal through and through.

Anyway, I didn’t even remember this guy existed until this thread popped up.

3 Likes

Awful challenge as well

He had one season for us, thought too highly of himself and his career never really got going after he left. A half decent season with City and that was it. Good riddance.

3 Likes

Had two seasons of double digit goals for Spurs and double digits for Man City so he did do all right for a few seasons after leaving us which is annoying, but his career the last 7-8 seasons is pretty appalling.

He could and should have been up there with the best at that time. Had all the physical ingredients but obviously lacked that killer mentality.

As an average Joe Shmoe it is hugely frustrating to me when players like Adebayor etc. have such incredible talent and huge potential upside but just have such a shit mentality.

2 Likes

I don’t ever been more behind one of Wenger’s decisions in the second half of his reign as when he dropped Adebayor and never selected him again after he spent the second leg of a Champions League semi final wandering around the pitch at walking pace looking like he was thinking about the upholstery in his sports car.

He just wanted to make money and he made absolutely bucket loads of it. So I’m sure he’s happy. He got a big contract at Arsenal, then City and Spurs. He definitely made millions and he still lives in Togo so his money takes him very far.

I’ve seen him on social media before his house and land is huge and he’s got lots of business and property investments across Africa. On top of that he’s got a huge fleet of luxury cars.

He was a mercenary who just wanted to make money and then live off that. Totally dislikable character and I celebrated heavily when we sold him. But he definitely doesn’t care if he didn’t fulfil his potential you can tell money was his main factor.

7 Likes

Dont lie, you just wanted Bendtner to start :grin:

2 Likes

He shouldn’t have got the bus then :sunglasses:

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::confused:

Lmao

giphy

1 Like

Well seeing all the shit being thrown his way I thought I’d take it a step further, many apologies to any posters who knows him personally or anyone else involved in the tragic events but otherwise :person_shrugging:

4 Likes