Emiliano Martinez

Jeez…He has one bad game…which we still won by the way, although reading on here, you wouldn’t believe it…Emi was great, but he was number 2 for a reason…We still have the best keeper at our club…

1 Like

You don’t wanna get on the wrong side of the Emi Mafia. We take our lead from @Calum and he doesn’t fuck about.

2 Likes

My only concern with Leno is and always has been is lack of authority when dealing with crosses into the area, it’s something I never feel I have complete confidence in him with.

6 Likes

The boy’s in my FPL team, just remembered :blush:

1 Like

Leno literally diving over and through our own players to get crosses and still getting grief. Sheesh!

1 Like

Leno Gang 0
Emi Gang 1

State your affiliation before the registration closes

• Leno
  • Emi

0 voters

Be great if he could keep a hold of the ball first

3 Likes

One thing at a time man. Sheesh!

I think I echo @JohnnyH in that the Arsenal board and manager knows best. If Martinez wanted to play or leave, they needed to make a decision as to who was better- they did and it was Leno.

In my opinion, though, they ought to have done more to keep both at t’club. First time we get two decent ‘keepers and it’s only for 1 friggin’ month :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Manninger and Seaman was decent.

3 Likes

Oh give it a rest. Leno is one of the best keepers in the league.

4 Likes

Ah the days I started following this club.

1 Like

Oh yeah, definitely.

I think you, me and SRCJJ agree that this was the best keeper situation we had since then.

I’d even go so far as Seaman-Lukic in 2000. That was a steady and dependable pairing.

2 Likes

Emi Gang, Emi Gang, Emi Gang, Emi Gang, Emi Gang, Emi Gang, Emi Gang

8 Likes

No. My agenda will never die

1 Like

Do you know, when I think about it, I don’t think Stuart Taylor was that bad, either. He wasn’t error prone like Richard Wright (Wright was good at pens but if you want a snapshot of what he was like, look no further than the 2-4 defeat to Charlton at home in the autumn of 2001)

The only mistake I can remember Taylor making (which was 50-50 anyway) was not coming out to boot away a loose ball against Liverpool at home. That gave Riise the freedom of the pitch to bear down on goal and equalise (dropped points but we still won the league)

5 Likes

This isn’t a criticism mate but how the fuck do you remember stuff in such great detail haha

2 Likes

Lol, tbh man, that was an epic season.

I think @Aussiegooner knows even more about that season than I do tbf lol

3 Likes

Doing the business tonight for fpl

1 Like

If it stays like this:

2 appearance points
5 points for a penalty save
4 points for a clean sheet
3 bonus points

I should have triple captained this beautiful bastard