Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Next time a team comes knocking for Emile they may stick a zero on the end of the last offer we got!

1 Like

He set the tone, blew them away early with the incisive runs, energy and combination play

Great to see these Hale End kids bossing Spurs, thatā€™s what its all about

17 Likes

Closer to a Nasri probably, in terms of role/position.

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

The way he glides with the ball is peak younger Ozil for me if Iā€™m looking for a direct and honest comparison. Heā€™s not as obscenely gifted in the pass as Ozil but heā€™s less goal shy and more akin to Ozil when he was in his early twenties.

That glide with the ball is something special though, he moves so fast and elegantly with the ball itā€™s a bit misleading for defenders. He looks so much faster than he actually is, whereas Theo was the opposite, a speedster athlete who seemed to slow down with the ball at his feet.

ESR is a unique breed and as Iā€™ve been saying for a while probably our greatest youth asset.

5 Likes

Now that you mention it, he reminds me of Rosicky too. Bet Wenger would have loved having ESR

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a good shout, though Rosicky was more influential in the pre-assist the scary thing about ESR is he really looks like he might have the numbers under his belt.

I remember AC calling KDB a Santi Cazorla type with the body of an athlete and for the life of me I canā€™t help but think that was his best take. ESR is something similar, heā€™s going to be a beast if he continues this kind of trajectory.

1 Like

Other than his dead trim, I fekin love this kid. Not sure he is a winger, but he is so class he makes it look natural for him.

1 Like

I donā€™t see much similarity between him and young Ozil tbf. Ozil is a pretty unique player and so is ESRā€¦
But as I said, for me itā€™s probably easiest to compare him to Nasri, looking at our former players at least.

Heā€™s not an out and out number 10, nor a winger, just like Nasriā€¦ But heā€™s perfect for this role of that technical, creative, false winger. As an number 10 he drifts too much to the wings, leaves the midfield too empty for the most of the time. In this role heā€™s a massive weapon, helping Odegaard and the rest of the midfield with the added technical quality, his vision and link up, but also has that off the ball movement and directness to use the spaces on the wing and get into scoring positions too.

Compared to (a young) Nasri I think heā€™s more fluid and direct, but not so talented and strong on the ball.

Atm I just love how he operates on the pitch, his multidimensional quality, ability to take the role of the creator and the role of the runner/forward on himself at the same time, the way he exploits different opportunities on the pitch. Has that intelligence and spark in him. When he only improves that relatively small technical aspect of shooting and crossing, thereā€™s a massive player in him with some serious numbers (G+A) considering he already knows how to get into the right positions and his decision making is already on a pretty high level.

2 Likes

I always thought Saka was the best Nasri comp.

Itā€™s all in the glide of the ball man, seriously.

1 Like

This just tells me itā€™s pretty difficult comparing footballers. ESR has been compared to Ɩzil, KDB, Rosicky and Nasri in the space of about 5 posts.

7 Likes

Has a bit of Stanley Matthews about him too tbf.

4 Likes

I also think people are too appreciative of Nasriā€™s skill, good player but honestly nothing that special in my book. Very far from a generational talent, more a dime a dozen type crafty winger.

1 Like

Hybrid of the first two and nothing like the latter two imo.

Itā€™s the socks!

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t a generational, but he was very good, letā€™s not forget he was younger than Lakonga when he joined us and scored 2 worldies vs utd and had loads of great displays that first season.

Loved nasri when he was here.

1 Like

He had that one season where he was aboslute fire in pre-season and carried it forward, I canā€™t remember when it was exactly but it feels like it was just after Cesc left and while RVP was thinking about leaving.

I do admit he was great before then I just think I prefered the prior seasons where the holy trinity of Arshavin, RVP and Cesc were all linking up while RVP could stay fit.

God I loved Arshavin, probably my favorite gunner of all time after sexy sexy Freddie.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Nasri was an insane/generational talent too (always thought it was laughable when he was dubbed as Zidaneā€™s succesor), but again, he was a better dribbler and better at keeping the ball in tight areas than ESR, better close control. Also better shooting and crossing. In short - better technically.

ESR is more creative/intelligent imo (again, compared to early Nasri, he got better later on, especially after leaving us).

Yeh Nasri was a top talent, top cunt too but he was a top talent. My agenda just wonā€™t let me compare my boy to anyone that isnā€™t KDB, Cesc or players of that ilk.

My better than Cesc satire is coming to fruition too quickly and if he keeps going on like this I might have to break out better than Bergkamp tag though not sure I could even take myself seriously on that one.

4 Likes