Emile Smith Rowe (10)

I think Wilshere over dribbling and drawing fouls is part of the reason he got a gammy ankle. Where as Smithy does not

1 Like

ESR has as many PL assists in the last five games (3) as Ozil did in his final 35 games.

I’m worried about running ESR into the ground but I think he is legitimately very good and its time to retire the idea that the team is better just because somebody is playing in the 10 role. He is currently offering much more than Ozil did for the last two seasons and I doubt the team would look anywhere near as good if we were playing Ozil instead of ESR right now. I’m skeptical of his ability to maintain this form consistently over the rest of the season, given his age and durability issues, but he has been great.

1 Like

Ozil wasn’t used like ESR is being used now

1 Like

Maybe under Emery, but Arteta gave him a very similar role last spring.

1 Like

What I like as much as his technical quality is his defensive movement and how he nicks the ball back for us. But on the technical front, he has definitely modeled himself on Özil in terms of playing style. Glides with the ball, looks for those cute inside passes, drifts into the same Özil-esque positions.

Great work ethic coupled with real creativity. A modern #10.

He’s shown some really good moments but I’m reluctant to go overboard. I really hope he continues to build and build from here. Young players often go off the boil and can lose their way.

Would be truly wonderful to have him and Saka come through the academy and become CL quality starters for us. Long, long way to go but can only go off the signs, and they are looking promising.

8 Likes

Croydon Kev :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Rowe Royce

7 Likes

Not even going to lie think ESR should rock the Sean Michael’s look.

1 Like

Kid just fckd it at the Emirates Cup (was there when he did it) was never the same after !!

1 Like

Ah, London Road on the way to Thornton Heath, bet it still looks like shit.

1 Like

:joy::rofl: so True. But does anywhere south of the river look like anything but shit?

3 Likes

South of the bloody River. They’re as good as French.

1 Like

Oi ya cheeky bastard…I live south of the river, this is the view from my back door…

17 Likes

Lol, there are plenty of nice places south of the river

2 Likes

Why is your back door so close to a barbed wire fence though?

1 Like

Yes, Wenger saying Holding is good value for money (which he is) is the root of all our problems

2 Likes

OK, should have said from the end of my garden…Not quite the back door…

1 Like

I think David is right looks suspiciously like France to me!

5 Likes

Well yeah… Cheap solutions have given us shite players.

2 Likes