Emile Smith Rowe (10)

I love when he speaks, so sweet, humble and proper London lol

He’s a gem.

He also covers alot of ground, always scurrying about to win the ball, and moves with grace on the ball.

9 Likes

Lol. Wenger used this when he signed Holding, didn’t he? Who happens to be quite average.

1 Like
4 Likes

Yes, but its still one of classic Wenger moments :wenger2:

Ozil’s successor is in place :grin:

Imagine that the 40 million he spend on Holding and Mustafi that summer was spend on a proper player though.

1 Like

Let’s not go too deep, you have to agree that press conference was a classic, and you could argue that for 3 mil Holding is good value for money

1 Like

I think ESR plays quite expressively myself, so if this is what Mikel has told him also then I don’t know what the concern is, or what specific instruction he is following?

4 Likes

Really enjoyed the analysis on MNF about him after the game. He was superb. Long may it continue!

2 Likes

I’m watching ESR with cautious optimism. I hope he take’s a page from Saka’s book and puts in a shift every time he’s plays.

2 Likes

Delighted to hear he played another quality game and got another assist.

1 Like

He was fantastic overall but I do think he still needs to build up his endurance so that he can influence the entire match. He looked shot after about 65 minutes. There were two great opportunities between about the 65-80th minute where his legs looked totally gone, one break he led down the middle without a lot of burst and then the time he ran down the right and had the chance to center for Auba to be 1-v-1 with the keeper but hit the ball about 15 yards short. If either of those chances had occurred in the 20th minute, I’m sure he would have done a lot more with them.

4 Likes

My concern was him not taking initiatives. His introduction in the team has certainly helped make things tick in the final third but I wanted him to be more selfish and try to mix it up by making runs into the box and take on players.

That second goal was exactly what I was asking for. ESR had no business making anything out of that situation there. He clearly has that in his arsenal and should showcase it more.

1 Like

You jest but that is true. ESR has taken his role effectively

On the one hand we have this kid who in the few games he has played, has shown his obvious talent, affecting the game in a positive way and on the other, you have players like Willock and Nketiah who have had countless chances in the first team and have proven to be nothing more than mediocre players, not fit for the premier league.

By no means am I saying ESR will be definitely become an Arsenal/Premier league success but he has shown more than enough for us to keep persisting with him, unlike Eddie and Willock.

2 Likes

The Croydon de Britney

Brilliant player with huge potential.
Let’s hope he can keep fit and keep away from any international duties . What we don’t want is another Wilsheresque career .

8 Likes
1 Like

That is why it’s so important to sign another attacking midfielder. Even if it’s an Isco on loan. Don’t want him to get run into the ground. He adds so much just because of the type of player he is. Incredible how blind Arteta has been for that.

8 Likes

I think I’m getting on my mates nerves now as I keep alluding to ESR as the Croydon KDB.

2 Likes

Too deep? Those decisions are relevant to this day. Because those guys are so shit we had to keep buying defenders. If we get one good player in stead of Mustafi and Holding the 30 million for Saliba could have gone elsewhere. I don’t agree that the press conference was classic, it was a symbol of everything that was wrong with his policy at that time. Nothing really to gloat about.

1 Like