Emile Smith Rowe (10)

I’m trying not to get too over excited over this one.

People said Rooney was going to be the next Gazza and Wilshere was going to be better than Scholes.

I think what I want from ESR, as do all Gooners, is a consistent run of games with equally good performances.

Very difficult to say if we get that, though. All conjecture

1 Like

You had to wait half a season and have a complete fluke in Covid dumping off Willian to even get a sniff of being able to say that with your chin up. Have a look at the fucking table, your management team is shit and without Özil the damage has already been done. We binned off a fucking talisman.

ESR and Saka are now cleaning up what this shit management team have caused.

@BigWeng_4LYFE you’re on the money, none of this was by design. Arteta’s just as shite as ever. Covid meant he just fell into the change the fans had called for months ago.

2 Likes

Lets remember ESR wasn’t available for a fair part of the season and twat Ozil isn’t fit for purpose in any shape or form for selection. In fact that he’s been usurped by a fucking teenager and all his career has left is a transfer into Turkey tells us all we need too know here.
So if and I partly agree he has fell into this selection its hardly unique in football. The games littered with things like this. Arteta probably isn’t the man it’s why some of us where against and others wanted him but hey it is what it is. We have dispelled some fabrications here also about lost dressing room, Willian being part of a coup, favouritism etc.
Got plenty wrong again why some of us thought it was the wrong hire while others didn’t. I’m quite confident Willian and prepared to give Pepe another shot while things are more structured now.

3 Likes

Honestly bro I think he does things pretty well but we’ve been starved of a proper creative midfielder for long enough now that him basically finding a pocket of space or passing the ball pretty well makes people think super highly of him.

I am more than hAppy to be tremendously wrong on him but I wouldn’t want us to not sign a better player in the summer just because ESR is a serviceable option at this moment in time.

6 Likes

The comparisons to Bergy, KDB Ozil and Cesc are a bit daft. Technically he’s nowhere that level. But he’s playing like a youngster desperate to prove himself. He’s putting himself in 50-50s and Ozil never did that. He has decent pace and can ball carry the ball up the pitch and pick as pass ahead of someone making a run. Most importantly he runs and passes between the lines really well. Basic but something we don’t actually have in our team. He’s the quintessential Klopp player. Imagine if he gets faster and more powerful, he could go up a level. I reckon he has a future as an 8 or a 10.

9 Likes

I hope we won’t fuck around another summer and sign an attacking midfielder next season plus a proper partner for Partey. Number one and two priorities.

2 Likes

Inconsistent as f*ck, but he does stuff no one else has been doing all season other than maybe Gabby, which is the burst and unpredictableness… and we need that… love the lad. Hope he continues to get minutes so he can shore up his game. Nice talent that could certainly be a useful player for us going forward.

Only issue id have about getting a proven player in is that it would stifle the kids development as he seems to have a natural affinity to how Saka plays obvs coming through the academy together. Either way agreed he isn’t the finished article but a long shot however would love to see him have a breakaway season with us this term and develop into something.

4 Likes

This kid is the next big thing. Another great performance.

1 Like

If nothing else, atleast we can say he is a reliable player to have

Gotta wonder wtf Arteta’s deal is that he’s been seeing him in training all year and continually picks willian and the rest of the shitters ahead of him. Only acquiesced when he was forced to due to covid. I know I call Arteta a fucking moron and say he’s low on intelligence but like, maybe he really is just a fucking stupid cunt. Ya know we’ve all met em, you wonder how they even get through life.

3 Likes

That’s what he is, ain’t buying into the hype at this stage.

Excellent goal.

https://twitter.com/outofcontextars/status/1347996448521117696?s=21

:ozil:

7 Likes

Kid looks special

1 Like

Nah sorry bro, he’s the new Michael Laudrup, deal with it :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

absolutely love that pass and move and the finish was a beaut. Good lad

He looked devastated after the red card so that goal must have been a nice relief.

2 Likes

Gotta love Football.
Gotta love VAR.

VAR gave us this special moment.

cough @Stroller cough

I knew it. This kid is THE deal. Full of energy, silky dribbling and killer passes.
Emile De Browe ladies and gentleman

3 Likes

VAR actually used right in this instance, no way was that one footed off balance attempted play on the ball a red card.

Nice finish for goal also kid.

3 Likes

Acknowledged tonight @Trion. Pure anomaly but a welcoming one for all that.