Emile Smith Rowe (10)

Only one way to ensure that :grin:

6 Likes

Thereā€™s being happy at a victory and then this.

Heā€™s played but to keep it real heā€™s played against a Chelsea team that looked like theyā€™d been out of the lash and two teams battling relegation. How about he shows he can stay fit for half a season let alone being better than two of the very best creative players in PL history.

Sorry which two.?

Fabregas and Ozil

Heā€™d do exceptionally well to come even close to Rosicky too

Glad to see him doing well

Ozil is Pogba territory. Just fucking luxury players. Perfect storm or fuck all off them.

Luxury or not his creative record speaks for itself.

Eyes>stats

I donā€™t really care for considering body language etc when assessing how effective a player has been in terms of creation year in year out.

You donā€™t like him OK but thatā€™s a poor argument IMO

3 Likes

Initially I thought ESR had no hope here, but you can see heā€™s actually intelligent on the pitch. His positioning during attacks is perfect and he doesnā€™t take long on the ball. Reckon he may have a future.

7 Likes

If it was only body language youā€™d have a point. Much more than that. Im not that shallow but yeah I donā€™t like him or rate him as a good professional either.

I think the loan at Huddersfield has given him a huge amount of confidence in his own ability. Being a teenager and the best player on the pitch most games even in the championship can work wonders for development.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good shout. Makes Reissā€™s plea of wanting to stay and fight for his place in this team seem more like a comfort now, rather than stepping outside it.

ESR really looks like a handy player and one you feel you can trust to bring into the team to do a job. He looks great in those tight spaces and getting a pass out of them. Iā€™ve yet to see that from some of our other youngsters who have had more minutes.

1 Like

He went to Hoffenhium

With his family and faded.

I think this

Is much more realistic than this:

Any comparison with Bergkamp at this stage because of a few games including one against relegation (rivals :joy: ) is just pointless.

At this stage I just hope he can become a semi regular in the team like Saka so he can develop.

1 Like

His comparison to Bergkamp is he looks comfortable in that number 10 role someone who understands the position and the fact we need someone with the right skillset to play there. To say he is the heir apparent is a bit far however there are little things that Smith Rowe does that are reminiscent and I for one hope this kid really grabs this position and makes it his own.

2 Likes

Wont make it here but itā€™s nice to see the difference having a decent 10 makes to the team.

Why do you think he wonā€™t make it here bro kid looks good ?

Yeah, I wouldnā€™t put ESR at all in the same bracket with players like Bergkamp, Cesc or Ozilā€¦

Heā€™s more of a hybrid between a winger and a number 10. I didnā€™t see any trully outstanding creativity and vision in him. He is a very smart player though, good quick decision making. Heā€™s probably closer to in form Mkhitaryan and I expected exactly the same impact from Miki as ESR is doing in these last few games.
That quality to mix good dribling/taking players on with good link up, quick decision making, interchanging positions with teammates is what makes him dangerousā€¦ but purely as a playmaker he canā€™t be compared to those players above. So farā€¦ Heā€™s still young, some players do develop even in that matter if they keep a good attitute and keep growing.