Eintracht Frankfurt Vs Arsenal (UEL)

I don’t think we’re too good for this competition anymore. I just think it’s shit. It’s dull. It’s dross. And I don’t wish to spend my time on it.

Similarly, I don’t want to spend my weekend being a rocket scientist. That doesn’t mean I think I am too good to be one.

1 Like

I agree but unfortunately we have been dragged down to a position where this is the norm.
This is a competition that clubs with a lack of ambition, tolerance of mediocrity and under investment belong.

Chelsea, United and Atletico Madrid negate that argument somewhat.

Well we have Mr Europa League himself in Emery and we will soon have a very good team (back from injury) so we really don’t have any excuse not to win it and move on up to the CL. Until then we have to prove to ourselves we don’t belong in it and play to win.

I am in massive minority, but I see it like I do the FA Cup. Enjoyable diversion from grind of league, a competition I want us to win, and a chance for some of our younger guys to get playing time.

1 Like

No Ozil then. Burn out.

Emery will feel the pressure and use starters… but I’d love to see Chambers, Willock, ESR, Martinelli, Nelson, and Saka get minutes… would also use Pepe to help get him going.

Can we throw Martinelli, Pepe, or Nelson up top to save Auba?

Holding would be worried about fitness still, but throw him on if he is fully fit.

Apparently ill so will miss this one

1 Like

I’m ill too, vomiting my guts out at the way we play.

No John-Jules call up then :frowning_face:

Ideally we go super youth with this.

Martinez
AMN-Chambers-Holding-Kola
Torreira
Willock-ESR
Martinelli-Pepe-Nelson

He’s a sickly lad isn’t he. Loyal though.

2 Likes

Are we the only team on Europe without any alternative to our fullbacks. Two of them are pure hate.

1 Like

We have Mustafi as an RB replacement if you really fancy it?

Oh good I’ll shoot over to the I’m excited thread.

2 Likes

Emery won’t play youngsters in this game unless we are 3-0 up. It’s the only competition he has a chance of winning.

Imagine the scenes when Auba goes off with 2 month hammy injury tomorrow…

1 Like

3 Likes

give_a_fuck

Excitement levels for this game. Europa League starts - Ah shit, here we go again…

5 Likes

:arteta:

Gonna miss the first half tonight as I’m doing over time till 6pm. Not arsed in the slightest that I’m missing it haha. I’m still scunnered with Arsenal after Sunday