Eintracht Frankfurt Vs Arsenal (UEL)

Pepe should be playing up top here so he can try to get a goal under his belt and there’s no way in hell that Aubameyang should be on that pitch unless it’s the final 10 minutes and we need a goal.

Hell, we could even start Tyreece John-Jules here. I really don’t care about this result, we’ll get through the group stages anyway and we need to be saving Auba for the league.

1 Like

Frankfurt are no mugs. We have to play a strong-ish side.

1 Like

Even if we lose, we just have to win 3 of our home games and get a result in the other 2 away games to top the group. And who even cares if we don’t top the group?

Fuck this competition.

If we win it you won’t be saying this.

Semi finals and a final in consecutive seasons when did we last do that in the CL haha

Fine, up until the QF this competition is pointless

We’re not winning it anyways if we’re cowering in fear to the likes of Frankfurt.

1 Like

Don’t give a shit about the EL and Spursday nights.

In any event I’d rather go out and get blind drunk than watch the shite that Arsenal football team have become and be quaking in my boots every time we win a goal kick.

We should try and keep players fresh so if Aubameyang starts I won’t be happy, even if we lose this game we still should progress. We learnt the hard way putting lots of eggs in the Europa League basket, still fell short and it cost us games like Palace at home.

2 Likes

Whatever it takes to gtfo of this comp as soon as possible.

Martinez

AMN Holding Chambers Kolasinic

Torreira Ceballos Willock

Nelson Martinelli ESR

2 Likes

We should be able to manage a reasonable 3 or 4-0 loss with that team

I’d take it

We end up with the same fullbacks whoever else gets selected. Nightmare.

1 Like

Still like this, or any, European competition and our club is at this level now so people denigrating it just sound whingy to me, sorry.

Eintracht have been asset stripped somewhat and won’t repeat their semi final showing of last season, even so this looks to be the group decider already

1 Like

It’s a piece of shit competition that a club our size should be nowhere near.

2 Likes

We need to play a 4-4-2 system with Pepe dropping back into midfield. We need to find a way to cover our exposed wings so use this as practice

No plenty of big teams end up in it. It’s where we are up to.
Let’s be honest apart from a couple seasons in the CL let’s not make out we were an elite competitor.
Being honest if we would have sneaked in we wouldn’t be anywhere near ready.

1 Like

90% of teams in the CL aren’t competitors, that’s no justification not to be in it. We just need a manager who knows what they are doing. Everything else is in place.

We don’t have the history to be playing this entitlement card. We haven’t been good enough for the last couple of seasons. Last seven times before that we bombed out at round 16.
Might not like the Europa but that’s our level.

2 Likes

True. Judging by the last couple seasons, Europa is our level and there’s no other way than to climb the Europa League ladder if we are to be worthy participants of the Champions League in the near future.

2 Likes

Chelsea and Manchester United win it when they are in this competition. We bottle finals and semi finals. We aren’t too good for it until we win it

3 Likes

Judging by that logic there should only be a handful of clubs in the competition.