Edu Gaspar

Yeah but it’s clear as day the squad building is infinitely more coherent than it was under previous regimes.

We’re signing players with high ceilings.

Only Ramsdale and White were signed for fees that you could definitely say were probably higher than the player is worth.

You thought Laca was a world class buy, I’d take a pass on this one if I were you.

2 Likes

Like many sane members he’s probably long added you to ignore lol

2 Likes

And you think Wenger is a demigod.
We all miss sometimes. :grin:

“Sane members” in other words just the ppl ive proven wrong over the years that can’t accept it :+1:

1 Like

Isn’t Wenger the only manager to have won the PL title while going unbeaten? Correct me if i’m wrong but doesn’t he hold the record for longest unbeaten run the PL has ever seen? Doesn’t he hold the record for most FA Cups ever won in the history of the sport? Imagine being a big fan of a dood who accomplished so much while being the Arsenal manager lmaooooo. You go on boot licking and simping for unrealized potential and I’ll be just fine celebrating the most decorated manager in the history of the club thanks :joy::joy::+1::+1:

1 Like

known quantity in the sense he was lodging major mins in a top 5 European league and a international player. Edu hasn’t exactly plucked gems from nowhere that turned out to be stars. That’s fine though, all I want to competency

I agree with you that we’ve seen an improvement and that deserves credit to both Arteta and Edu but the jury is still out but I wouldn’t put Edu up there as a top executive. The squad still needs to accomplish progress on the pitch beyond just obtaining CL

I think with alot of the players we’ve signed, Arsenal will be the biggest club they’ll ever play for from this point on tbh

2 Likes

You know as well as I do that if in fact Arteta doesnt succeed, it’s gonna get blamed on the players. Gonna be akward when this happens and OA is talking about how terrible Edu is for wasting the clubs money.

Yup. And just as importantly all these guys fit a coherent vision of the kind of aggressive, technical football that the club wants to play.

Buying ingredients for decent prices doesn’t get you very far if they don’t go together. If you’re trying to bake a cake, you might find a good deal on some pork chops but putting them into the recipe isn’t going to help.

1 Like

We’re not a Lille or a Porto though we aren’t meant to be signing hidden gems like that. Those clubs are allowed to take those kind of risks with minimal blowback but at Arsenal we don’t have that kind of culture.

Our director isn’t meant to be making those kinds of deals because we have the funds to be able to sign more established talents.

2 Likes

Like you guys said I embarrassed myself with the don Raul stuff.

Although I still think a lot of those signings were good players.

However I’d rather see results before anointing edu amazing one.

Raul was a don.

The man knew how the market moved, he knew the ins and out of the corruption. He knew how to grease palms and get shit done. At Barca, Chelsea, City and some of the Italian clubs he’d have simply went about his insidious business and helped to build big teams. Here though we don’t have the stomach for that shit, even as fans we used to champion FFP, and laud Wenger for refusing to work with super agents.

It simply wasn’t a good fit. And when you look at the state of snake clubs like Barca it’s probably for the best most parties moved on.

However when you think of all the amazing talent we missed out on because of a little cash here, there and under the table- Alonso, Mata, Ibra, Ronaldo, Kante, Mahrez, Hazard - it’s maybe a shame we didn’t have a person like him within the club earlier.

When it comes to business and the big bucks there’s no such thing as clean money.

2 Likes

Wolves seeing Edu going after every Portuguese speaking player available:

1 Like

Need some good sales in the next couple of years to see if he can actually maintain a squad over a period of years.

Incomings the last two summers been pretty good but I’m not bad at that on FM either. It’s having to loan out 96 players a window that makes me elite.

3 Likes

Edu cooking on GASpar.

1 Like
5 Likes

Happy with his role in our incomings transfers.
Has brought up our technical quality a ton.

My father is actually like this. Wears a powder blue button down every single day and has a closet with 12 in there and literally nothing else.

3 Likes

New Edu meme dropped:

Edu CLASSpar. Far better than stub knob Raul.