Edu Gaspar

We happy?

No he wonā€™t start till middle off July.
Making his role useless till the following summer

2 Likes

Should be starting the job effective immediately if this is true.

1 Like

I donā€™t know what he did with Corinthians to get excited about this or not. Thatā€™s his only job with another club.

Maybe change the topic title to only his name, btw?

Edu in the rumour mill its like 2002 all over again!

Is Edu capable to scout players? I donā€™t know his attitude.

The Gabriel Martinelli rumour makes more sense now. I think Edu is at the heart of that transfer.

Tim knows his Brazilian football. So looks like we have our man!

No idea what to make of this, but I always like Edu.

I donā€™t think much will change tbh, I also donā€™t think the perceived idea of focusing on South American talents is the right strategy for the club either.

I hope heā€™s bought in more for his skills than regional knowledge. Because lack of skills and making the right decisions in the market is whatā€™s harming us. Not finding players.

Although I hope it works out, I like Edu.

1 Like

If you want to put your tinfoil hat on for a second, it might make sense.

Stan doesnā€™t want to make massive investments. I think thereā€™s a perception that itā€™s easier to pull unknown gems from South America than continental Europe. Whether thatā€™s true or not, I donā€™t really know. But you could see a situation where Stan wants to identify the cheapest possible way to get players in. Why try to sign the next Lucas from Sampdoria when you could have signed him from Argentina for half of the fee?

The issue is always the work permits. I canā€™t imagine Arsenal competing at the top table for South American talent who are guaranteed to receive a permit. Theyā€™ll probably cost too much money.

So weā€™re competing one tier below that and hoping these prospects can get a permit. Otherwise they disappear into the loan system.

Guardian Sport reporting this now.

Explains the links with few youngsters from Brazil. Crucial we get Edu before the Copa Tournament though because if comes after the final then he will only have a month left to plan recruiting players.

Sharif donā€™t like him

How the hell can be start the 7th of July though? Itā€™s madness

Doesnā€™t the transfer window close earlier than before ? 7th july is far too late for such an appointement, not that itā€™d changed anything had he signed earlier imo.

I think they are planning a strategyā€¦ maybe Edu is already working for us but canā€™t officially sign a contract or make the agreement official.

1 Like

He has a contract with the Brazilian FA and theyā€™re playing the copa america this summer, iā€™d be amazed if there was some Arsenal related work behind the scenes.

1 Like

Really? He could have named all the targets in the interview. Assuming the reports are true Iā€™d say there is zero chance he isnā€™t unofficially doing the job already.

1 Like