Edu Gaspar

Was this to do with the rumours that came out yesterday?

Yeah, it’s already mentioned in the Arteta thread that’s why I deleted it.

How did this story get past my anti Edu agenda!? Turns out the guy is a stooge for legit cronies

1 Like

Edu out, Campos in.

3 Likes

How the fuck is this club so completely incompetent that we continue to hire ppl like this? It’s almost unfathomable. But makes sense, you chase Wenger out and this is what you get. When the cats away the mice will play.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s fuck Edu off. Dodgy cunt

2 Likes
1 Like

Fucking AHHHHHHHH!?!?!?!

This club will defo take a few years off my life expectancy. So poorly run it’s not even remotely funny anymore. Watching the club I love disintegrate before my eyes :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Who knows if its true but I can beleive it, the sheer arrogance of these two frauds considering the piss poor job they’ve been doing.

6 Likes

Yeah probably forgot to send the paperwork because he was really busy :joy:

3 Likes

To be fair to Edu, to spend the amount effort he has, defending the decision to keep Arteta, must take up most of his time so sorting out transfers on top of all that must be quite stressful.

4 Likes

What’s the purpose of putting intentional vague BS out there?

3 Likes

So people can read what they want into it.

If you’re sympathetic to Edu or the club you might assume that means Buendia’s camp wanted something extravagant or a fee that we weren’t willing to pay.

If you’re less sympathetic to Edu or the club you might assume that means Edu is a fucking imbecile who doesn’t know how to negotiate with teams, doesn’t know how to put together a target list and spends most of his days buying slim fit dress shirts.

Both explanations are pure speculation but it generates lots of clicks for the author.

3 Likes

If we really bid £30m for Buendia and then effectively walked away from the table the moment the first bid was rejected, then I really hope we weren’t actually that interested in the first place because otherwise that just can’t be right. Who launches an opening bid for a player they have supposedly been looking at for multiple seasons and really want but then walks away the moment any negations are starting. Buendia is basically going to Villa for maybe £5m more than what we offered which is peanuts, so it just doesn’t make any sense that we were interested enough to bid £30m but not £35m. I don’t get it.

3 Likes

Odegaard dream is still alive and he is the top priority this summer. Edu wasn’t gonna drop his top target because a club rushed in to get his alternative. There are probably other alternatives to Odegaard too.

Remember when we used to hear weird stories about Dick Law and his awful negotiating style? Maybe Edu wants to act like a big baller and say “30m take it or leave it” and hope the player puts pressure on the club to accept a lower bid? Who knows? It doesn’t sound like Edu is very good at his job though.

2 Likes

I agree that Odegaard is definitely the number one target, but that’s a really risky strategy to adopt because it’s very likely he’ll either stay at Real now or cost us a premium because they know we’re interested. If Edu and Arteta want Odegaard they better make damn sure they get him.

Villa paid 33 million plus add ons and have included a sell on clause. Should we just have went with that? Knowing that he might not be worth that? Just to say that we beat Aston Villa for a player?

2 Likes

I genuinely do think that’s what happened, that’s what I take from the “he has his own way of working and won’t change” quote. You might pursue that kind of a strategy when you know that you’re the only club interested in a player or you hold some cards, but not when another club has no problem outbidding you. I want to give Edu the benefit of the doubt on this because I’d love to at least have some hope for this summer but it’s a difficult task.

2 Likes

Bingo.

We have a proud history of losing out on players who we were desperate for but wouldn’t go the extra few million to get, then ending up getting no one or a far inferior cheaper version.

2 Likes