Eddie Nketiah (14)

Why would selling nketiah lead to Elneny at CB? :joy:

I’d rather bring John jules back and use him to backup Laca. Eddie is trash.

It’s the overall depth in the squad mate. We lack depth in multiple positions. Shifting Martinelli, ESR or Pepe tonplay as striker will open up gaps in other positions. Next thing you know White fills in at CM or Elneny fills in at CB.

Not to mention that you end having no options to come off the bench to make the difference.

The lack of squad depth is obvious, but Eddie should be binned if somebody wants to pay for him before his deal is up. Whether he goes or not, we need to and should be signing a striker.

Selling Eddie or Auba makes fuck all difference from where we are now, neither will win us any points for the rest of the season. The former is too shit and the latter won’t play.

Effectively we are already in a 1 senior striker position is my point.

Arsenal’s Striker options for the rest of the season will be Lacazette and Morata.

:arteta: :arteta: :arteta: :arteta:

That’s not particularly bad. It’s not great of course and neither should be here long term but they have similar qualities so switching between won’t ruin the whole dynamic of the team.

For what is worth, I think it’s very unlikely we get Morata in.

1 Like

Pepe isn’t even in the playing 11 these days. Can have him play up top without making any other changes. Of course, we lose him as a substitute in that case but it seems the club is okay to take the risk.

Getting a bit worried that between the other forward outgoings, the rejected offers, and what Arteta has said publicly, that the club is making a concerted effort to keep Nketiah and give him a new contract :face_vomiting:

Looks like this one will rule out Newcastle

As long as the contract involves him paying us for any games he plays in the League or FA Cup, I don’t mind :wright:

He can play for free in the league cup games :xhaka2:

Ekitike is a very interesting player, would be a great investment for Newcastle

1 Like

#EddieStays :telephone_receiver::telephone_receiver:

Auba has forced us to not only get no money for him but Eddie also :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Why we couldn’t have sold him and bought some other cunt is really beyond me.

2 Likes

Logic not allowed.

So we save 29m on Auba, but pass up on a transfer fee on Eddie only to lose him in the summer on a free. Wonder if Newcastle woulda paid us like 10 or 15m?

So we’ll be relying on a player who 1) isn’t good enough for us and 2) doesn’t even want to be here next season.

:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

8 Likes

5 league goals to his name in his career :clown_face:

1 Like

Sometimes I think that’s a miracle based on his Nottingham Forest performance.

That was his chance to prove something and fuck me, he sure proved something that day.

How many seasons he been a squad player now.