Eddie Nketiah (14)

For gods sake.

1 Like

Hahaha who said on here we’re playing him to convince him to sign a new contract? Fucking called it

1 Like

This club does some smart stuff during the summer around Willock and then turns around to do some real dumb shit with Eddie.

He’s just not good enough and doesn’t suit the system I think we’re trying to play (big emphasis on trying since we look awful up front atm).

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man: over here.

3 Likes

Arteta on Nketiah contract: “We are having some discussions with him and his agent. I would like him to stay at the club. He’s our player and someone that we rate. He has the Arsenal DNA in his blood.”

The irony of Arteta saying that.
It’s because of the Arsenal DNA that we got lumbered with him as our manager. :grinning:

2 Likes

He played a total of 30 minutes in the PL.
If we wanted to convince him to stay we should have played him more.

1 Like

This is like the Nelson thing last season at christmas.

1 Like

More like Maitland-Niles? Or actually, more like Nketiah last season again. :sweat_smile:

You only sign him to a new contract to quickly turn around to use that contract protection to maximise his sale value. By his words, that doesn’t seem to be what Arteta is doing. This is just general indecisiveness that is seen with Arteta in some cases, most prominently AMN, and also not being ruthless in getting rid of Xhaka despite opportunities to do so. The key word is ruthless, because Arteta used that word at the end of last season to say what the club would be moving forwards, but as usual his actions don’t really match up with his waffle, and any signs of a clear coherent plan.

I wonder if he likes the flexibility and power?

He blocks AMN from moving to Wolves, sits him, plays fucking Housekeys at leftback, costs us a EL final spot and for what? Just because he wanted to have AMN around?

Same with disappearing Nelson to a CIA black site for most of last season. Obviously no great loss on the field but why do it? Why not just let him leave? Yeah we kill the club for not maximizing sales of young players but surely this isn’t the way.

Suddenly playing a guy who rejected a contract doesn’t seem very smart to me when you literally signed another academy striker to a new contract just a few months ago.

1 Like

Great game today. :roll_eyes:

All that after bigging him up in the Everton post match. Arteta is a funny guy ain’t he.

4 Likes

Found his level then

1 Like

Please dial :telephone_receiver: #30 for goals.

Brilliant tap-in hattrick from the kid! :heart_eyes:

If he can polish the other parts of his game a bit we can revise his position in the squad a bit perhaps.

1 Like

So we know that he’d make a top quality goal scorer if he had top 6 EPL service playing against lower league opponents.

Don’t we want to buy DCL/Vlahovic for that very reason?

yeah probably lol

I mean Dusan isn’t coming here, if he does I seriously question his intelligence. (if DCL comes I question our intelligence. lose lose here probably lol :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

4 Likes

It’s baffling that Brighton didn’t throw 15m at us in the summer.

4 Likes

I can’t understand why there isn’t a team willing to take a chance. He’s far from perfect but damn can he poach

1 Like