Eddie Nketiah (14)

That was Eddie 101, lad smells goal scoring opportunities from a mile away.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Eduardo :papa:

4 Likes

Good finish but I thought there were several moments where he chose the wrong passing options. Could have led to a 1-on-1 for Auba for example.

3 Likes

In need of goals?

Just call Eddie!

2 Likes

Meh, a goal’s a goal

1 Like

Marlo!!

7 Likes

Hopefully the goal keeps him in the starting XI and Lacazette out. An out and out poacher at a side of our current level is invaluable.

Haha someone just messaged me the same thing on WhatsApp. Uncanny resemblance.

1 Like

Eddie looked lively all game, I’m encouraged by what he offers - a natural tenacity and instinct which alot of our players seem to lack.

It’s unlikely anyone else scores that goal, because he caused the opportunity for himself - a GK error from his own anticipation. There were two clear options for the goalie but Eddie put him off and deserved his goal. Hope his confidence to make a difference continues to grow.

I still think he’ll only make a decent striker at a midtable to bottom EPL club, so therefore he should have a long career at Arsenal.

I think Eddie has potential to be a really good striker (20 goals a season type) and I’d like to hold onto him tbh.

4 Likes

Yea pretty much agreed. This thread is littered with me saying we should sell him but from what I’ve seen he is that type of striker with the knack of right place right time. So I was wrong.

You get a midfield ticking behind him and I think hes the type to pick up goals without huge droughts etc.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m getting some real Darren Bent/Jermaine Defoe vibes.

Keep.

4 Likes

If he come good, we can shit on Chelsea. Keep.

1 Like

I hope you’re right mate, he seems to know his way around a penalty box.

@shamrockgooner you aren’t wrong until he proves he can score 10-15 league goals in a season.

Keep him around. Works his arse off and scores goals. Doesn’t have to start all games, but a very good squad option. We play so many games every season, he’ll get enough games.

I feel I’ve seen enough of him in a truly terrible Arsenal side to say I was wrong tbh.

4 Likes

Explain please

He was in Chelsea’s youth academy, but they got rid because he was apparently too small

1 Like